Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

A way to make the rear section in a 911 a flatbed?

My dog hates the rear tunnel that divides the two seats. He is a 90 lb golden and doesn't fit in one seat and the tunnel makes it awkward and hard for him. I was wondering if there was a way to make the rear section a full flatbed? Maybe "fill-in" the two seat bottoms completely? Or some sort of end-to-end "cover" that goes over the tunnel? Seems like a goofy question, but I would get more use out of the car if the dog could come (else I have to take the truck on trips).

Back in the mid 80’s I watched a local audio stereo installer fill in the space above the spare tire and other spots in the trunk area of a CRX before fitting with a board and carpeting and installing amps

Recalling from memory…

A board was first form fitted to the area being filled

Then he laid in a 55 gallon drum size plastic liner over the trunk area, and dumped the liquid in the bag using a garden watering can

The board was then laid on top of the bag of liquid foam that turned into a solid within 10 minutes

The board was removed, and the foam was trimmed cut in half for easy removal

Adhesive spray was applied all over the underside of the board and foam and glued together.

Bet you could do something like this using the liquid foam crack filler/insullator found at local home centers.

• Moderators

During the 50's, for the Insurance, a car with 2 seats was classified as sports car, 4 seats as family car, coupe or GT, which clearly had to pay less premium in domestic and most of the West European countries. As Europe, at the time the larges market for the brand, had such a solution the best chance of sales success.

Don't know the capacity. If you are concerned you could always cut a piece of 3/8 or 1/2 inch plywood to span the width of the rear "shelf" the seat backs have created to spread the load more.

My dog loves the 911. As soon as I crack the front door, he lunges his nose in ahead of me and finds the best spot to perch. Sometimes I have to take him for a short drive just to satisfy him that it's time to get out!