Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
Hi Guys, I am a new member of this community and I am very happy to be here.
My name is Mathias and I just bought my very first car. I am university student so I wanted a cool, sports car and as I live in Dubai, the weather is warm so a convertible was ideal. I have therefore just bought my first car, the Porsche Boxster, 2006. As this is my first car, and I have bought it as the 3rd owner. I have a lot of questions about how I should maintain the car, and hope you guys can help😎🏎
So first of all, it’s a Porsche Boxster in a beautiful red, with a black soft top, from 2006 that has driven approx. 80,000 km.
it has a beige interior.
1) the paint inside the car has scratches and shows the black color under the beige coating. How can I fix this?
2) the speakers and radio signal is very poor and I want to be able to play music via Bluetooth and aux, is this possible?
3) is it possible to set up Cameras in the car, for parking?
4) there are scratches on the exterior, and I took it to the Porsche center, and they said they do not have a perfect match to this color as they don’t make it in this specific red anymore. Is there anything I can do?
5) the leather inside is looking a little bit worn, is it possible to fix this up?
6) lastly, is there any mods, DIY upgrades or accessories you recommend I to add to this 2006 Boxster?
I have a 2003 Boxster with the CDR23 radio and external amplifier mounted in the front trunk. There are two multi-pin connectors, a fiber optic connector and an antenna connector on the rear of the head unit. The display on the head unit in the car seems to be fine as the display appears to be working as it should. The problem is no sound out of any speakers. The problem was intermittent for quite a while as sometimes when I started the car I would have sound from the speakers and other times no sound. Sometimes I would be driving and the sound would suddenly just quit. Now there is no sound at all, but the head unit display still appears to be working ok. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the problem?
Hey! Just got my first Porsche, a 2009 Cayenne and love it!
The bluetooth connectivity in PCM is killing me though. Can't get it to pair, not with iPhone 5 nor with a Nokia Lumia 930.
My iPhone finds the "PCM" in bluetooth settings, I get to enter the code in both devices even. But after entering the code, I get "Connection failed". The other way around, PCM does not find iPhone at all when I "Search for phone". Is this an issue with bluetooth antenna or something, or could a software upgrade on PCM likely help? Bluetooth is enabled on PCM of course. The car has a SIM slot as well but I suppose that has nothing to do with this.
I would like to make calls as well as stream audio to the car. Any ideas, others having faced similar issues?