Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

On July 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM, 987_RDC said:

Are the immobilizer and DME paired? As i noted before you can perform the sync w/ IPAS codes.

Yep.

On July 28, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Ahsai said:

Could you wiggle the immobilizer connectors or unplug and reseat them and retest? You mentioned before that you got some strange behaviors when wiggling the immobilizer connectors.

Tried this. No change. I'm suspect of the physical connections. Thinking about pulling the seat to take a better look. Although key fob talks to immobilizer which activates horn/locks.

Q: durametric enthusiast cannot reset alarm/immobilizer codes apparently. Would these be stored outside the DME/immobilizer unit??? Elsewhere in the car where a battery(coin cell) fed storage unit stores flash or something? Running out of ideas.

Edited by GLIDE

• Moderators

Are the immobilizer and DME paired? As i noted before you can perform the sync w/ IPAS codes.

Yep. Pulled everything from my 01 which functions perfectly.

Could you wiggle the immobilizer connectors or unplug and reseat them and retest? You mentioned before that you got some strange behaviors when wiggling the immobilizer connectors.

Tried this. No change. I'm suspect of the physical connections. Thinking about pulling the seat to take a better look. Although key fob talks to immobilizer which activates horn/locks.

Q: durametric enthusiast cannot reset alarm/immobilizer codes apparently. Would these be stored outside the DME/immobilizer unit??? Elsewhere in the car where a battery(coin cell) fed storage unit stores flash or something? Running out of ideas.

Also of note -- litronic ballasts appear to be MIA. And power seat control module is missing. Cable actuated hood/frunk latch are "locked". I wouldn't think these matter but that's about all that I can see left to address.

Durametric system has never been able to code the immobilizer/alarm system, that requires access to a PIWIS or PST II.

I've seen something similar before. The alarm control unit immobiliser uses the diagnostic line to communicate with the DME. Also, the diagnostic socket connects to the DME via the ACU. We had a situation where the car wouldn't crank, and the PIWIS wouldn't read the DME. We tracked the problem to a bad connection in the loom plug at the back of the floor pan, under the carpet. Ours was a right hand drive car, and the plug was on the left side. If I remember correctly it was a white plug with about 20 pins. Cleanied the contacts and it burst into life.

I've seen something similar before. The alarm control unit immobiliser uses the diagnostic line to communicate with the DME. Also, the diagnostic socket connects to the DME via the ACU. We had a situation where the car wouldn't crank, and the PIWIS wouldn't read the DME. We tracked the problem to a bad connection in the loom plug at the back of the floor pan, under the carpet. Ours was a right hand drive car, and the plug was on the left side. If I remember correctly it was a white plug with about 20 pins. Cleanied the contacts and it burst into life.

Exactly, hence my reply (post #25) above. However, I can't explain though, why with the new known good DME/ACU pair, Durametric manages to see the DME but not the ACU. That's really puzzling. Anyhow, I agree it looks like a wiring issue.

• 1 month later...

Update:

I finally got back at it - thank you all for the advice. I decided to remove the seats to see exactly what I was working with. Found the wiring harness connector behind drivers seat - did not look disturbed so left it. (Pic for reference)

Went ahead and picked up a paired fob, immobilizer, and dme- fixed.  Immo took a bath and PCB became corroded!

Edited by GLIDE