Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have the following symptoms:

1. Change to settings (Comfort) reset to default once car is turned off and locked and unlocked. 
  2.  Time for Clock returns to what was the initial setting on dash and PCM. You can set the clock and drive the car, the clock works until you turn off the car.
  3. PCM returns to radio even when i have selected CDC or CD after restarting the 
  4. Navigation map not showing correct location. the current location shows i am somewhere in Mexico
  5. Date shows 01/01/00. There is no way to change it.

Anyone have ideas on what the issue is?

Thanks for your help.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with my '04 996 TT.  I have a PCM 2.0 and have not had any success with this problem.  I'm thinking it may be an issue with the GPS antenna ?  That is where

I plan on looking next as it reads that it has registered 0 satellites. I'm Hoping that since the date is not settable that it acquires the date from the GPS system.  Hope to

hear that you got your issue resolved. 

Thanks Spence I did, I get a reset on 1-4-8 but no resolution to the issue.  One odd thing of note, I set the clock at 12:50 today, I was doing some other things on the car

I checked back and the time went to 12:49 ....  scratched my head over that one, then the next time I looked at it was 12:56.  I shut the car off and restarted the clock flashed

to 8:43 then went to 12:50 and stayed there ....  odd ...the stem adjust in the dash will affect the time setting in PCM, but neither will allow the clock to run, nor the date to set which I

believe is a function of the NAV.  I have heard two opinions that the sat nav antenna comes loose and one location is passenger side next to the wipers and the other was in the security

led housing I'm trying to pinpoint the location of the antenna as it apparently comes loose.  I'm planning on digging into this tomorrow.

Thanks for your interest, We've only had the car for a month.  I worked through the typical issues that seem to happen with these cars first.

Spoiler, fogged lights. AC,  etc, now focusing on the NAV.  The nav doesn't report current location, recognizes the nav disk, and has a previous owners

destination address list intact so it worked at some point.  My assumption was that since it registers no satellites it precluded it from functioning

Some people report the antenna located in the area of the pollen filter others under the security dome I haven't really dug into searching for the

antenna yet.  A casual search around the pollen filter came up with nothing, may have to dig deeper removing the trim pieces around the wipers.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have the two battery option?  It sounds like one of them might be dead.  The car will start fine because the second battery is protected from full discharging, but it sounds like your house load battery is failing.  Having an incorrect time can mess with the gps because the gps signals are timed coded, so I think the nav system is a symptom of some other problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have the two battery option?  It sounds like one of them might be dead.  The car will start fine because the second battery is protected from full discharging, but it sounds like your house load battery is failing.  Having an incorrect time can mess with the gps because the gps signals are timed coded, so I think the nav system is a symptom of some other problem.

Hi, sorry for the late response, I just saw this. I didn't know there was a two battery option ?  Would it be located near the main in the front compartment ?

The second is actually located inside/underneath the subwoofer, which is where your spare tire would be. So if you have a spare you probably don't have the sub or the second battery. I think most ctt's have the second battery, along with the upgraded sound and subwoofer. If you remove a few bolts and disconnect the electrical connector, the sub will lift straight out and the battery box will be underneath it. Bad batteries and bad grounds are the main culprits is most electrical issues, especially the ones that seem really complicated or erratic.

Edited by ARModen