Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

06 Cayenne S - new to me 2 weeks ago.

Hi, Last 2 days I have seen some odd Sat Nav problems.

Yesterday I noticed the icon was off by a few hundred meters in one axis.  The road was being tracked in a straight line but I was passing roads that the map showed as being ahead.  Sometime later the map froze.

Searching the threads, I found the status and it showed 0GPS & 0D satellites.

Today I drove some 80 miles and on the return leg the status page started to update with a location and the coordinates updated as the car moved.  Then I saw 4 GPS and 2D - the icon moved to the right place on the map.  But only for a few seconds - the map froze.

The behavior continued during the journey - coordinates changing - no sats being shown and the icon not inthe righ place on the map.

When I got home I removed the spoiler and check the GPS AE - all secure - no loose connections - easy to get at - harder if you lose the screw in the double skin - thank goodness for magnetic tools.

I also pulled the PCM - no loose connections.

I have reset the PCM with 1, 4 & 8 & ejected the disk and cleaned it

Questions:

1 is it one cable run from the GPS AE to the PCM - or is there a break point I might have a loose connection?

2 can the GPS AE be checked with a multimeter or the like (how does the connector come off - I could not remove it...)

3 Is there any other areas I can look or ideas some may have to try to troubleshoot further.

I think my next step is to repalce the AE as this seem the most likely culprit and the cheapest item to change.

Thoughts anybody?

Thanks

Simon