Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi Porsche Gurus

I’m trying to troubleshoot a little issue I have that just my drivers door courtesy lights (and drivers sunvisor light but not sure if that’s different issue) don’t work, both the red and white ones and only the one door(rhd car) 

now ive checked the common things like all the fuses and the wiring to see if they were damaged or corroded but they seem fine,

The one thing I would like to check but can not find any info on is where or what is the switch or sensor that tells the lights that the door is open to turn the lights on? 

If I can find that then that will at least eliminate all manual fixes that I can think of unless any of you have come across this before, if it’s something simple and I look like a fool for not thinking of it then I’m happy to be a fool as long as the lights work:)

any help would be much appreciated 

thanks 

Stevie G 

Edited by StevieG

For anyone that is interested, I haven’t found that switch or sensor but what I’ve found is that I don’t have any power going to those lights, which is kind of weird as with the way it’s wired through the whole window motor components and I have power on everything else on the door and everything else works on the door, what I did try was I ran a test wire from the power of the light from under the dash (foot light) which pretty much comes on when you open the door and shuts when you start the car and it worked fine BUT the issue is I can’t run that wire through the pillar into the door cause the wiring is a plug in from the door to the pillar so there isn’t any access, so although I came up with a working solution I can’t apply it, just not as easy as working on a classic, if anyone has any comments of feedback it would be much appreciated 

thanks

Stevie G