Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lintronics high beam, maybe?

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, mikefocke said:

JFP is this true for after delivery installs of Litronics as well as factory optioned ones?

Hi Mike.  Yes, it applies to both factory and aftermarket installations, providing there is a functioning control unit installed.  If the control unit is dead, or if the aftermarket install did not include the controller, the lights won't move.

Interesting. Well I guess since it did what the durametric told it to do i  need to change out the controls module. The halogens do come on just no level change.  It is under the dash correct? No programming require?

Edited by Turboflyer

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Turboflyer said:

Interesting. Well I guess since it did what the durametric told it to do i  need to change out the controls module. The halogens do come on just no level change.  It is under the dash correct? No programming require?

Not sure you understand how this works:  The halogens do not move, the HID low beam does when the module is active.  The module is usually in the front trunk area:

s-l300.jpg  img18.jpg

There have been a couple of variations on this unit, but all are pretty much the same.  Before replacing this unit, I would suggest "borrowing" a working unit and testing that; you may have a fault in your wiring preventing it from getting the signal from the lights, but getting it from the Durametric.

1 hour ago, Loren said:

If someone put Litronics in the car without wiring up a control module for each then I think that is what you get.

A "real" Litronics upgrade includes control modules and headlights.

I am safe there. I have had this since new. ? Maybe the body shop may have messed with something.  Like i said the halogen come on when high beam activated just no raising of the reflector.  But yep that would do it right. 

So before I start pulling things and looking for a broken  or loose connector. My durametric said the calibration needed to be done.  Is that a bogus bit of info? Also I looked in the front trunk inside behind the covers and did not see a control module.

The Headlight Beam Alignment module is located in the right hand side of the dashboard, under the passenger airbag.  (LHD car).

On 2/4/2019 at 12:09 AM, Turboflyer said:

Maybe the body shop may have messed with something

I don't know if it would cause your problem, but a common failing on Litronics is the plastic level sensor arms on the suspension.  They break, or become detached.

Edited by Richard Hamilton

Thanks. I checked those for attachment. Would be nice if there was something like in the old manuals that gave you data on how to test one. But I guess if the program says its good it has to be right.  

With a smile on my face could you please find an easier place for an old guy to find the control module? ?