Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Odd and not connected wires?

In the center console: 4 wire connector, under the drivers seat, three connectors is one of these for heated seats?, in the battery cowl 2 two wire connectors what are these for?

the top two behind the battery are the heaters for the washer jet nozzles, bottom left is the phone connector, bottom right I don't know

the washer jets have to be unplugged to remove the cowl, other than that I can't think of a reason for them to be off, the phone is only plugged in if you have the phone option

Edited by stumpjumper

• Moderators

does your car have power memory seats? That is what the extra connectors under the seat are for. I find it strange that they are actually there. The wiring harnesses for each car is supposed to be custom made for that car, its country, and options. I wonder if the car had power/heated seats at one time and they were swapped out for the current seats.

What year is the car?

does your car have power memory seats? That is what the extra connectors under the seat are for. I find it strange that they are actually there. The wiring harnesses for each car is supposed to be custom made for that car, its country, and options. I wonder if the car had power/heated seats at one time and they were swapped out for the current seats.

What year is the car?

Hi well it has the full power memory seats, I just did not know if it has the heated option? It has the full carbon and full leather interior, I was wondering if maybe the previous owner had replaced the batwing and did not connect the heated seats back, as the car was dealer owned in Pompano beach. I have been running across little oddities, like missing screws, and unconnected wires like the washer nozzle heaters. I do at this point know that this car previously had a full stereo upgrade, and K-40 that have been removed. Hmm, guess I'll have to find the schematics somewhere to see what wires I should find. Thanks.

[\quote]

the top two behind the battery are the heaters for the washer jet nozzles, bottom left is the phone connector, bottom right I don't know

the washer jets have to be unplugged to remove the cowl, other than that I can't think of a reason for them to be off, the phone is only plugged in if you have the phone option

Big thanks on the ID, I would be willing to bet that the phone option was once in this car. The ordered price was $97k, for this 99' C2. Ouch, I however got it for a much more acceptable amount, but it does leave me guessing sometimes.

I find it strange that they are actually there. The wiring harnesses for each car is supposed to be custom made for that car, its country, and options. I wonder if the car had power/heated seats at one time and they were swapped out for the current seats.

My experience has convinced me that, although the official Porsche answer is that every car's electrical harness is a custom application .... there are exceptions to the rule:

Every 996 I have examined has the cell phone connection behind the upper console;

There is a slight chance of finding heated seat connections under a non-heated seat;

My US spec car has the heated washer nozzle connection, but not the washers (thank goodness), along with at least one other in the area of the battery.

I'm sure there are other examples.

Kim

2000 Cab

My US spec car has the heated washer nozzle connection, but not the washers (thank goodness), along with at least one other in the area of the battery.

I'm sure there are other examples.

Kim

2000 Cab

Hi thanks for the input I do have a Q though what's the deal with having the heated washers? Maybe that is why they were disconnected.

judging by the plugs it looks like you do have the heated nozzles, you can see the recepticles in the picture

more likely would be that the PO or somebody took the cowl off and forgot to reconnect them and never noticed since you'd only notice they weren't plugged in if they froze

Edited by stumpjumper

I just did not know if it has the heated option? It has the full carbon and full leather interior, I was wondering if maybe the previous owner had replaced the batwing and did not connect the heated seats back, as the car was dealer owned in Pompano beach.

Well if you have heated seats you should also have the buttons to switch them on <_<

Or did the previous owner have the console deleted? (Which you don't have of course if it's a GT3 but the switches should be there anyway)

Thorsten

Edited by toddel68