Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

The 2 I'm Looking At

Okay my dealer emailed me these pics. They're exactly the same price which is just in my price range.. and will drop more with discounts, trade in and once i haggle :D

The red one has 25000km on it and these options:

Windscreen with Graduated Tint, Porsche Stability Management(PSM), Porsche CDR-23 CD Radio, CD Storage, Bose Sound System, Telephone Preparation Kit, On-board Computer.

Love the colour...

The Black one has 21000km on it and these options:

Windscreen Graduated Tint, Porsche CDR-220 CD Radio, Sound Package, CD Storage, Telephone Preparation Kit, On-board Computer, Wind Deflector with Storage, Porsche Stability Management(PSM)

Also love it in Basalt Black. Sheesh this is a hard chioce.

Think they're the same. There's also an Arctic Silver (my original colour specifiation) one for R10k more -

Options: Windscreen with Graduated Tint, Bose Sound System, Wind Deflector, Porsche Stability Management(PSM), Porsche CDR-220 CD Radio, CD Storage, Telephone Preparation Kit, On-board Computer, Sport Design Package .

What's the Sport Design Package

Hopefully I'll get pics of that soon..

help... advice...

post-15073-1163457764.jpg

post-15073-1163457879_thumb.jpg

post-15073-1163457991_thumb.jpg

post-15073-1163458116_thumb.jpg

post-15073-1163458260_thumb.jpg

post-15073-1163458373_thumb.jpg

I like the Basalt Black one, but Porsche Ron is right it will show every speck of dust. For some reason, a red Boxster doesn't do as much for me.

I have an Arctic Silver car and it does not show the dirt like a darker color. The down side to Arctic Silver is that it must be the most common Boxster color. (On the plus side, it made it much easier to find a matching hardtop on the "previously owned" market.)

Buy the color you like. Listen to your heart, not your head.

post-9357-1163471969_thumb.jpg

I'd go with the Black one, Red is alittle closer to a lady's color, The black has less miles... not as good a radio as red but when they are both cleaned up, Black will look better.

When the are old and alittle faded and covered in swirl marks, the black will look better cause the red wil start to look orange.

owning a black one, my 6th black car, I'm done with that damned color...

in Boston with the weather here I'm stuck washing it sometimes twice a week, dusting it every day when I get home, waxing it every month instead of every other month like any normal car

maybe I wouldn't have to if I didn't drive it in the rain, but everything is so noticable on it, I'd go with red in a second

it also looks like the red one is a year newer, it has the updated rear bumper and a cdr23 so it's MOST based, will also have a different muffler and may sound bettter

Edited by stumpjumper

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the advice! Right now - I'm leaning for the Red one... They're both listed as 2003 models. But you guys say the red one is newer with updated bumper and different muffler? Was there a difference between the earlier 2003 and later 2003 models and what's the difference between the CD 220 and 23 stereos?

Also, how does the Sport Design Package look? - I haven't seen it. Arctic Silver was my original choice (for that understated, executive look) but the boy in me is saying RED SPORTS CAR! The Aluma look steering is pretty cool too! So unless they get another car in in the next 2 months... It's probably gonna be red! I'd hate it to look orange in a few years though - so let's hope it won't look too bad!!

Sorry for the many questions - I'm new to the specifics of Porsches (we all start somewhere right?)

As usual, thanks for helping out a newbie :cheers:

:huh: well.. it's certainly not the image i want - though the last 2 women I've dated have been blondes... so maybe I'm partial :lol:

somebody please gimme pics of sport design package. I've looked around - can't seem to find a pic of just the basic package (the one's i've found have other exterior mods as well!)

You asked, so I'm going to say it: don't get either.

Guards Red is just too red for me, especially for guys -- unless it's got 600+ HP. Then, maybe. Had black hot rods and I won't again. Beautiful when clean, which last about 2 seconds, and hot as hell in sun. Where do you live? Light colors are cooler and don't have to be washed twice a week. I think this is the major factor to consider when picking colors for a convertible.

Mine? I'ts whatever P calls its ..... deep red version of burgundy, with light saddle seats - by far the best interior color for any convertible, imho. It's not an S, however, and that was my serious mistake. Indeed, went non S when I boughft it just because I fell in love with the colors.

Jefla