Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hello ROW M030 Suspension

Hello,

Just wanted to say thanks to you all on the forum. Been lurking around for some time now, and have picked up lots of good info. After reading the positive write-ups here of the factory sports suspension, I ordered the ROW M030 kit from Sunset Imports for my '04 Boxster S. Steve Alceron at Johnson's Alignment in Torrance, Ca. did the install. BTW, Steve really knows his stuff, highly recommended.

As several have said, improving the driver is the first and best investment one can make, but for street use the ROW setup is next on my list! Ride is a little firmer but still quite comfortable, and handling is much improved. Body roll and brake dive are greatly reduced. Steering is quicker and more precise. Stance is a little lower, but no problem on speed bumps or driveways. In short, its terrific. What the guter Doktor ordered!

Top down through the twisties in the Santa Monica Mountains today. (Yeah LA traffic is awful, but where else can you drive top down with an 80 degree sunny day in November?) A real thrill with the new setup.

Thanks again!

Kim

I can only second everything you said. ROW M030 from Sunset, installed by Steve also. The suspension upgrade (it really is an upgrade over stock) changes the way the car handles for the better. The nose does scrape coming down my driveway, but I'll live with that compared to how much better it drives

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Does this M030 kit include the roll bars as well or just the shocks and springs?

For $1,000 i am very interested. How much lower is the car over standard US spec is it? I would like to lower the car an inch all round and was considering H&R springs, but if the ROW 030 does the trick then it ticks all my boxes!

Does this M030 kit include the roll bars as well or just the shocks and springs?

For $1,000 i am very interested. How much lower is the car over standard US spec is it? I would like to lower the car an inch all round and was considering H&R springs, but if the ROW 030 does the trick then it ticks all my boxes!

The $1K or so includes 4 shocks, 4 springs (left/right, front/rear) and front/rear sway bars, plus one or two doodads for connecting everything together. For Porsche parts, it's a bargain

• Moderators

As an owner of the ROW M030 suspension on my 996, I wanted to advise that when you have the car's suspension aligned, you have 2 options that have different results.

1. Have the car set to the ROW M030 specifications. The car will handle fantastically, but because of the large amount of negative camber the settings provide, you can expect to cut the life of your rear tires by as much as 50%.

2. Have the car set to US stock suspension specifications. The car will handle almost as good, with a bit of looseness in the rear (but very manageable). This sets the camber on the rear closer to neutral, and will allow you to get as much as 25K miles out a set of rears.

The choice is yours.

Hello,

Sunset Porsche talk Jeff,

$975 ish for the parts and about $600 to $1000 to install.

the ride is great, the picture here with out Mo30 is a 996 i saw on the street and i took a picture of.

mine i guess had the Mo30 already, so when i changed it,

it only refreshed the suspension on a 130,000 car,

which was due.

:renntech:

post-22197-1217623644_thumb.jpg

post-22197-1217623653_thumb.jpg

I don't have this on my car but this suspension setup definitely is a steal. I certainly look forward to getting this the day when my shocks are worn.

And I never understand why people feel the need to tweak their suspension setup... maybe they feel they're better than Porsche engineers.

And I never understand why people feel the need to tweak their suspension setup... maybe they feel they're better than Porsche engineers.

It's because Porsche had to set the balance of harsh ride and sporty handling at about the average for their target customers. People who want more sporty have to do it themselves. It's not a matter of better, but tailoring to specific preferences.