Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 Wheel Spacers...size? anyone using them?

hi there, was wondering about getting some wheel spacers for my '00 996 C2...was wondering what size bolt pattern to look for and a suggested size spacer. 8mm in front and 12mm rear? looking for a the simple, slip on spacers. worthwhile upgrade?

Edited by welkers

hi there, was wondering about getting some wheel spacers for my '00 996 C2...was wondering what size bolt pattern to look for and a suggested size spacer. 8mm in front and 12mm rear? looking for a the simple, slip on spacers. worthwhile upgrade?

Hi, I have a 2002 996 C2 and installed the 15mm H&R spacers, front & back. It looks real nice and no issues whatsoever.

Bolt pattern won't change with spacers...but you will need longer lug bolts. Porsche sells a set of 4-5mm spacers with longer lug bolts. You can also check Suncoast Porsche website and FVD website.

Hi, I have a 2002 996 C2 and installed the 15mm H&R spacers, front & back. It looks real nice and no issues whatsoever.

any before / after pics Bill?

any before / after pics Bill?

Browse registry under owners name: billhi I cannot recall if I have any before, but there are "after" pics...before looked just terrible, too much recess in the whell wells.

Well that sucks..new longer bolts cost as muchas the spacers!! andd will rust again! I wonder if the SS ones I see advertised are truely strong enough...

I have 15mm H&R spacers on my front wheels (17") and they improve the looks noticeably. You'll need to buy longer bolts, but since the original bolts are pretty cheap looking and rust quickly, I replaced all mine with very attactive chrome lug bolts made by Boothe Design. They are very high quality and even have the swivel washer built in.

Well that sucks..new longer bolts cost as muchas the spacers!! andd will rust again! I wonder if the SS ones I see advertised are truely strong enough...

I have 15mm H&R spacers on my front wheels (17") and they improve the looks noticeably. You'll need to buy longer bolts, but since the original bolts are pretty cheap looking and rust quickly, I replaced all mine with very attactive chrome lug bolts made by Boothe Design. They are very high quality and even have the swivel washer built in.

Yeah, Ralph Boothe is a cool oldtimer, good stuff.

http://www.boothedesign.com/boltsstudslugs.html

I have 7mm front and 14mm rear. I got a great price, otherwise I might also got 14mm in the front.

14mm really pushes the stock 18" wheels out nicely.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, i am buying spacers today...need some help. I am in a 2003 996 with 18 inch classic 5 spokes, 18x8 up front with offset 50 and 18/10 in rear with offset 65

I see many recommnedations for 7mm spacer in front and 15 mm in rear. I would like an aggressive look BUT i am running Champion motorsport springs with stock shocks/struts.

Anyone else running lowering springs on a narrow body 996 with spacers?

HI, I have a 2002 996 C2 with a PSS-9 suspension lowered 1.5" to Euro Height and H&R Sway Bars.

I used the H&R 15MM spacers all the way around and love the way it looks. So much better than stock and it the wheels really fill the wheels now DO NOT STICK OUT, they are flush.

Hope this helps. I purchased the spacers online, sorry, I cannot remember from which vendor, good luck.

Hello everyone, i am buying spacers today...need some help. I am in a 2003 996 with 18 inch classic 5 spokes, 18x8 up front with offset 50 and 18/10 in rear with offset 65

I see many recommnedations for 7mm spacer in front and 15 mm in rear. I would like an aggressive look BUT i am running Champion motorsport springs with stock shocks/struts.

Anyone else running lowering springs on a narrow body 996 with spacers?

I have 14mm spacers front and back and my 01 996 is lowered 1.5 in. using Bilstein PSS9's. They fit perfectly and look great, and I have the same wheels as you. I bought them at Maxspeed Motorsports for $240 + $80 for 20, 45 mm bolts. You can also buy lock bolts but they were out of stock when I wanted them. Check out the site, they also have other goodies like aluminum pedals that are a lot cheaper then elsewhere, which I also installed.

http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/radbolts.html