Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

3rd Radiator for Street Use?

I'd like to see pics of your install when done. For those that have done the 3rd rad, do they catch a lot of crud, being so low and exposed there?

Just finished. Took me all day. Wanted to make sure that i cleaned the radiators really well. I cut the hole for the center radiator 4"x18". Seemed to work out.

post-16847-1244158423_thumb.jpg

post-16847-1244158450_thumb.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
I'd like to see pics of your install when done. For those that have done the 3rd rad, do they catch a lot of crud, being so low and exposed there?

Just finished. Took me all day. Wanted to make sure that i cleaned the radiators really well. I cut the hole for the center radiator 4"x18". Seemed to work out.

It looks good but I don't think the rubber ducting around the center radiator is right.

It looks like it is drooping down in the top center?

well BruceP? Can we get a verdict on whether your temps have settled down since Rad replacement? I have the same issue. High speed fans working fine, but temps rise to 102-108 consistenly in hot weather and stop/go traffic. Going to do the fan mod, but saw this thread and now it has me thinking after seeing the pics of your rads. I blew mine out a month or so ago and haven't seen any improvement in temps reduction. Found a small bit of damage on the lower corner of my rad and although not leaking i'm suspecting they might be corroded as they look a bit similar to yours. Feedback please!

It looks good but I don't think the rubber ducting around the center radiator is right.

I think your right. I am going to remove the front bumper again anyway. Seems i replace the passenger hose on the top, not the bottom. Dumb me.

The ducting can only fit one way right? I will go in and look at it again. Maybe i didn't get the tabs in all the way.

post-16847-1244248727_thumb.jpg

post-16847-1244248735_thumb.jpg

Edited by seafeye

• Admin

I think your right. I am going to remove the front bumper again anyway. Seems i replace the passenger hose on the top, not the bottom. Dumb me.

The ducting can only fit one way right? I will go in and look at it again. Maybe i didn't get the tabs in all the way.

Well, yes and no.

Here it is on my car.

When you fit the bumper make sure the flexible center duct fits into the bumper properly too.

post-1-1244255833_thumb.jpg post-1-1244255888_thumb.jpg

Well, yes and no.

Here it is on my car.

When you fit the bumper make sure the flexible center duct fits into the bumper properly too.

post-1-1244255833_thumb.jpg post-1-1244255888_thumb.jpg

Got home and looked into the problem. I thought i put the hose on the top (Passenger Side) but didn't. I installed both of them correctly. The problem was with the fitting on the drivers side. For whatever reason the new hose is larger than the one that came off. So i had a leak from there. Don't have a clue why the sizes are different. Did i order the wrong part? Did i get a GT3 hose that would be larger?

post-16847-1244381463_thumb.jpg

post-16847-1244381478_thumb.jpg

All the parts are GT3 parts.

What are the part numbers on the hoses? Do they match my list?

I took the stickers off the tubes prior to installation.

These are the numbers that are on the reciept.

996-106-666-55

996-106-665-57

Looks like 996.106.665.57 replaces 996.106.665.55 so that should be the correct hose.

that hose should go on the left side of the car (viewed as you sit in the car).

Yes the more i think of it i have the right parts. Just don't understand why the new hose is larger than the old one. :huh:

Drove the car for a while today with no leaks, had the bleed valve up and the coolent level did go down about an inch.

I am going to drive the car 2000 miles this month on a trip so i hope that the clamps hold. Other than that one connection all

the other parts fit great. The front scoop went into place after i got up to 95mph.