Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Man I love Sunset!

Just wanted to give a great thanks to Sunset Imports, and inform some people of a few great prices!

I needed some replacement parts for my 00' Boxster S, and I couldn't find anywhere else to beat the prices.

I got a brand new HVAC Control Unit (my old one's digital readout screen was almost dead) - $241.00

The Plastic trim piece that covers the Security Alarm blinking LED light - $20

The driver's side triangle plastic trim piece that houses the side mirror controls - $18

10 quarts of Mobil Synthetic 0W-40 - $5.00 a quart!!! That was WAY cheaper than my local autozone or pepboys around here.

And of course the filter and o-ring - I can't remember what the filter cost, but the little metal o-ring was $0.47. :)

I ordered a bunch of door paneling replacement clips as well... I think I got 2 bags of 10 for about $2.48 as well.

Also curious... Anyone know the part # and how much the pull-arms for the front and rear hoods are (just the silver pull-arms, don't need new springs or anything). Mine are all scratched up.

Kudos

Just wanted to give a great thanks to Sunset Imports, and inform some people of a few great prices!

I needed some replacement parts for my 00' Boxster S, and I couldn't find anywhere else to beat the prices.

I got a brand new HVAC Control Unit (my old one's digital readout screen was almost dead) - $241.00

The driver's side triangle plastic trim piece that houses the side mirror controls - $18

10 quarts of Mobil Synthetic 0W-40 - $5.00 a quart!!! That was WAY cheaper than my local autozone or pepboys around here.

And of course the filter and o-ring - I can't remember what the filter cost, but the little metal o-ring was $0.47. :)

I ordered a bunch of door paneling replacement clips as well... I think I got 2 bags of 10 for about $2.48 as well.

Also curious... Anyone know the part # and how much the pull-arms for the front and rear hoods are (just the silver pull-arms, don't need new springs or anything). Mine are all scratched up.

Kudos

Do you mean the hinges? The thing that attaches to the body and the lid, and to which the gas pressure spring is attached?

If so, for the front:

996 511 151 01 (left)

996 511 152 01 (right)

Rear:

986 512 151 01 (left)

986 512 152 01 (right)

• Admin

Kudos

:sunset:

Kudos

Do you mean the hinges? The thing that attaches to the body and the lid, and to which the gas pressure spring is attached?

If so, for the front:

996 511 151 01 (left)

996 511 152 01 (right)

Rear:

986 512 151 01 (left)

986 512 152 01 (right)

I mean the actual "silver levers" that you "pull upwards located on the driver's side that release the hood and the rear luggage compartment. Mine are all scratched up from shoes hitting them, and some of the paint is chipped off.... looks crappy which is why I want to replace them.

Kudos

If so, for the front:

996 511 151 01 (left)

996 511 152 01 (right)

Rear:

986 512 151 01 (left)

986 512 152 01 (right)

I mean the actual "silver levers" that you "pull upwards located on the driver's side that release the hood and the rear luggage compartment. Mine are all scratched up from shoes hitting them, and some of the paint is chipped off.... looks crappy which is why I want to replace them.

Ah - I wasn't even close.

I found these for '00:

996 551 511 03 handle lacquered /LLV00

996 551 511 03 v01 silver

996 551 512 03 handle lacquered /LLH00

996 551 512 03 v01 silver

996 551 511 04 handle lacquered /RLV00

996 551 511 04 v01 silver

996 551 512 04 handle lacquered /RLH00

996 551 512 04 v01 silver

I'm not sure I know what all this means, but I would think it is the "04" silver ones. Not sure if I am helping much. Sorry. Maybe someone else can decipher the part numbers.

Edited by ericinboca

I'm expecting a boat load of parts for my '84 911 next week from Sunset. They are BY FAR the cheapest place I've found for OEM stuff. Great service and their prices can't be beat.

Thanks for the tip on Mobil 1 0W-40! I'll be getting my next oil change stuff from them!

Keep in mind you can order a replacement LCD screen for your ventilation control unit from eBay vendors for about $52. You have to disassemble the control unit, but the replacement is easy (even for an idiot like me) and the new display works well.

I'm expecting a boat load of parts for my '84 911 next week from Sunset. They are BY FAR the cheapest place I've found for OEM stuff. Great service and their prices can't be beat.

Thanks for the tip on Mobil 1 0W-40! I'll be getting my next oil change stuff from them!

I just got a bunch of stuff as well from Sunset. Aaron in parts is Great! Front Engine mount $147.23 Vario Cam solenoid $126.57 clutch pedal pads $3.88

They resized them. I did mine last year. There's no more shaving of the parts or anything complicated. It's plug and play now with great directions. But you're right in the fact that the numbers and icons on the display aren't EXACTLY the same.

Yea, I know about the replacement screen... but it's not "exactly" the same screen, involves some shaving and modification, and I wanted the OEM unit. So that's why I went with that over the replacement screen.

They resized them. I did mine last year. There's no more shaving of the parts or anything complicated. It's plug and play now with great directions. But you're right in the fact that the numbers and icons on the display aren't EXACTLY the same.

Yep, I just replaced my screen in November and it was plug and play. For the budget conscious, it's a really good way to go. If you want the display to be stock, then this option isn't the best.

+1 it's a really good way to go

Yep, I just replaced my screen in November and it was plug and play. For the budget conscious, it's a really good way to go. If you want the display to be stock, then this option isn't the best.