Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Noises inside the cabin

Beecher

I've been chasing rattles and noises inside my 2003 turbo coupe for years now. I've had the noise at the back of the headliner where the bar underneath is shifting around. That one was fixed by my mechanic, but I could hear a new noise now that the loud one was gone. The back of the headliner was rubbing against the roof and making a high pitch squeak. I could stop this by reaching back and pulling down on the back of the headliner. Solution: get a long piece of 1/4 inch vacuum line and push it under the edge of the back of the headliner. Silence!

Now I can hear a noise at the left corner of the instrument cluster... Turbo noises are like the rent, they never quit! At least it's a NEW noise. :rolleyes:

Dude, I am in the same boat, also have 2003 Turbo Coupe, the bar under the headliner continues to rattle driving me crazy, I was told it is a multi hour project to remove all the interior parts to get to the bar so I have been just dealing with it, I share the pain, but even with all that I love TT, even in 12" of snow!

Dude, I am in the same boat, also have 2003 Turbo Coupe, the bar under the headliner continues to rattle driving me crazy, I was told it is a multi hour project to remove all the interior parts to get to the bar so I have been just dealing with it, I share the pain, but even with all that I love TT, even in 12" of snow!

Did you know, there is a couple of TSB's on this subject. #6028 tilting/sliding roof noises, and a second one also #6028 Noises from the new style sunroof frame.

How about a few taps from a rubber mallet??? Neurosurgery with a hammer.

Did you know, there is a couple of TSB's on this subject. #6028 tilting/sliding roof noises, and a second one also #6028 Noises from the new style sunroof frame.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a look at those TSB's again

I also have major squiking coming form the sun roof headliner which seems to move against the flat rubber seal around the roof opening. Is there some kind of lubricant that that would work with the alcantara liner ? It makes a very expensive car sound very cheap in the cabin. Of course when the boost comes on, who can hear it!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a link to TSB 6028 ? I have been tolerating a metallic rattle from the rear of the headliner on my TT for time now and figure I should have a go at fixing properly :-)

I did have some foam in the gap above the metal cross bar which helped - but didn't totally fix it.

• Admin

Does anyone have a link to TSB 6028 ? I have been tolerating a metallic rattle from the rear of the headliner on my TT for time now and figure I should have a go at fixing properly :-)

I did have some foam in the gap above the metal cross bar which helped - but didn't totally fix it.

Contributing Members here can view any and all TSBs.

Hi Loren,

thanks for the info - I didn't realize what the significance of 'Contributing Member' actually implied :-)

Tim

Contributing Members here can view any and all TSBs.

That's why I hate sunroofs. Before I bought the car I was convincing my wife about Porsche quality and how well built they are, etc etc... Now there's consistent squeaks and rattles from the rear of the headliner and I know some of it is the sunroof cassette. The driver door seal has a bad wind noise. She'll never listen to me again about car quality...now she's fighting for a Bentley Continental, someone convinced her they're a quality, squeak free, quiet at a 100mph, car...just what I want, a big, fat, heavy, Bentley... Thanks Porsche.