Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

New Tires - Again!

My last pair of Bridgestones lasted just over 16k miles... I was surprised because I always drive it like it's stolen.

I think anywhere from 12-15k is to be expected.

If it is worse than that you likely have an alignment issue, or just too aggressive an alignment.

How is the wear pattern on yours? Insides of my rear tires tend to go much quicker than the outsides.

They're all going to peel off after a staggeringly low mile count, but I'm a big fan of Bridgestones. I've done S03 and RE050 Pole Position, both had great wet/dry traction and decent treadwear considering their mixed track/street use. And the cost is MUCH lower than the other OEMs like Bridgestone, Pirelli and even Conti. They come in N-spec on some of the latest 997.2s.

I don't know about Kumho, but a friend had them on his Camaro SS and Z06 vette and loved the performance for the price. Said the treadwear was pretty awful, but it is on all these tires.

Mark

My last pair of Bridgestones lasted just over 16k miles... I was surprised because I always drive it like it's stolen.

If it is worse than that you likely have an alignment issue, or just too aggressive an alignment.

How is the wear pattern on yours? Insides of my rear tires tend to go much quicker than the outsides.

I agree. Try the Bridgestone 050 pole position. It's pouring rain at this moment, and I find these tires with AA traction to be great in the rain. inside wear on the rears is expected, its always been that way with p-cars. I keep the 050 on all year because my area generally has no snow conditions in winter. If it snows, rip off the wife's suv...

• 3 weeks later...

Most full service tire shops will flip them on the rim for free if you bought your tires from that outfit in the first place. If you keep a regular eye on the inside tire wear, you will likely extend the life of any tire by a significant amount.

Even if you pay $15-20 per tire for remounting / flipping you win.

JP

purchased these Nexen N3000 back in Nov 2007(45000 miles).

Rescently I had all my wheels re-balanced, had the guy check the depth.

Now(61000miles) it is at close to 7/32",,,

I know it is hard to believe, thinking these Nexen's gonna last more than 30,000 miles.

post-23680-127190108787_thumb.jpg

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?/topic/16783-set-of-wheels-just-came-in/page__p__84106__hl__a%20set%20of%20new%20wheels__fromsearch__1entry84106

Michelin pilot sport2, non N. I get 27k on the rear consistently. Just got 3rd pair, car now has 112k. mine is an '01, so its the 265x35x18. newer 996 use wider rear tire which i dont know how the PS2 michelin will perform on mileage. the N tire last a lot less.

I know it is hard to believe, thinking these Nexen's gonna last more than 30,000 miles.

http://www.renntech....__1entry84106

You must be really nice to your tires..rolleyes.gif

http://www.renntech....__1entry84106

You must be really nice to your tires..rolleyes.gif

Not really, Phillip.

I usually drive like I just stole her,,,

• Upvote 1