Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Pics of the Underside

I'm really suprised you guys are not getting it before us.

This last year was the 2nd best for Boxster sales in the UK. I understand we were 100 or so units behind the whole of the US... And way ahead of Germany.

My that header & muffler setup looks fine.

If it fits the 986, and the 987 engine performance boost is just intake/exhaust/ECU bits, 987 exhaust could be a real popular 986 upgrade.

As you can tell - I don't have inside knowledge, just speculating.

• 3 weeks later...

Toolpants

I notice that this picture shows "bumperettes" on each side of the rear licence plates that are not on other 987 photos. Does this mean some versions i.e. for the U.K. or ROW will have them and NA cars won't or what? Does change the appearance of the butt-end a fair bit

Thanks

Brad

• Moderators

The silver car is a US version so we get the usual bumperetts, unlike ROW cars. You can find more pictures here. http://images.formsense.co.uk/

I ayways find it interesting to go back in time and look at what people said were spy pictures of the 987 to see how accurate they were.

This was on rennteam a long time ago.

post-4-1103007468_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I have always liked the cut-away pictures, but have never seen such a car in person. I have warned the folks at my dealer that I will be at the open house the 19th with my sawzall and a bunch of carbide blades.

Then around March, I hope Peter will do a joint 997/987 tech session with the cars on a lift and taken apart.

I did take a peek to see what was under the shift boot.

Updated with some open house pictures.

openhouse0039.jpg

openhouse039a.jpg

openhouse120.jpg

openhouse077.jpg

openhouse091.jpg

openhouse121.jpg

post-4-1106031233_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tool Pants

• 10 months later...

I hate to bump such an old thread, but I have some questions about the underside pictures in the first post. What is that brownish coating on the rear suspension parts and underside? Is that some sort of factory undercoating? What did it feel like? Is it a sticky film or something more solid?

I'm trying to figure out if I have a bunch of oil under my rms, or just a little and some sort of undercoating. Any assistance appreciated.

Sorry to bother you guys, bout would someone be so kind as to add an arrow to one of the pictures showing where people should look for the RMS failure please.
There's a really good picture of the exact area in this link:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?a...ype=post&id=262

It came from this thread:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15