Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

My '09 C4S does not make a "chirp" when I lock or unlock the doors using the electronic key fob. Is there a way to get the car to make a "chirp" when I lock/unlock the doors?

I have the Durametric Professional Cable that allows one to make changes to the coding in the various modules of the DME(Onboard Computer). We have discussed this issue in other forums and as far as I know there is no way to alter the coding in the "alarm" module to make the car "chirp".

• Admin

My '09 C4S does not make a "chirp" when I lock or unlock the doors using the electronic key fob. Is there a way to get the car to make a "chirp" when I lock/unlock the doors?

I have the Durametric Professional Cable that allows one to make changes to the coding in the various modules of the DME(Onboard Computer). We have discussed this issue in other forums and as far as I know there is no way to alter the coding in the "alarm" module to make the car "chirp".

I think 09 newer 997-2 can be programmed differently with a PIWIS 2 tester. Best check with the dealer that has a PIWIS 2.

I think 09 newer 997-2 can be programmed differently with a PIWIS 2 tester.Best check with the dealer that has a PIWIS 2.

If you take it to a dealer and he changes the various modules with the Porsche Tester to make it "chirp", please give the forum a "heads up" as to what changes he made and to what modules.

I had a 09 Cayman S and now a 2012 Carrera S and can't make the change. Maybe the Durametric Beta 6 SW does not "see this Coding".

I think 09 newer 997-2 can be programmed differently with a PIWIS 2 tester.Best check with the dealer that has a PIWIS 2.

If you take it to a dealer and he changes the various modules with the Porsche Tester to make it "chirp", please give the forum a "heads up" as to what changes he made and to what modules.

I had a 09 Cayman S and now a 2012 Carrera S and can't make the change. Maybe the Durametric Beta 6 SW does not "see this Coding".

Mods4Cars http://www.mods4cars.com has a module that will beep twice when locking and once when unlocking plus a number of other things.

Fairly easy install or any auto stereo shop can do it. I have it and it works for me, Works on all 997.2 models.

Perhaps a bit pricey at $300.

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

Kind of late posting on this but what I found was that my 09 997.2 C2S only chirps if something is not properly shut when locking the car. If a window is partially down, glove box open or sunroof cracked open it will chirp. After I figured that out I decided it wasn't a bad idea. As l lock the car I look at the lights for a flash. If I hear a chirp I know something is not properly closed.