Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
Moving on from my question about the "test step aborted" code numbers.
One other thing I find, if I try to read the vehicle data from a DME 5.2.2 I get a pop up window that says...
Fehler: erwarteter Blocktitel nicht eingetroffen
With an "OK" button under it... If I hit the enter key, the PST2 reboots...
Anyone know what this means?
I am begging to think that perhaps a file or data on my PST2 might be corrupt!
Sometimes when programming the DME or Alarm control unit with the PST2 or PIWIS, you will get an error of "Test Step Aborted" followed by an error number, such as 3, 21, 25, 71 etc.
I have the PST2 manuals, as well as the KTS manuals and the 986 and 996 Dealer manuals, but one thing I have not been able to find in any of them is a list of error codes that follow the "test step is aborted message"
Sometimes, I have had the errors when I have put in an incorrect "old immobiiser code", or "old learning code", which kind of make sense.. But I often get the error when programming a control unit (yes I do have 14v onto the control unit and pin 60 powered up on the DME when it is a 5.2.2 DME)
Has anyone ever found a list of the error codes and what they mean, or even worked out what they mean?
When programming a DME 5.2.2 for example, I can often get to about 90 percent on the progress screen before it bombs out with one of these codes.
The unit will still start the car etc if it bombs out, so I don't think it is a bricked DME, but I am just curious about the meaning of the error codes
Anyone have any clues? or is my curiosity sending me towards a massive mission of discovery in an unwalked path? lol
I`m the owner of a -99 996 Convertible, and I do most of the repair an maintenance myself. To help diagnose I bought a KTS500 that has saved me a lot of money.
Now I`m about to program a new remote, but to do so I need the code from IPAS. I asked the local Porsche dealer, but they told me that Porsche would not let me have them because of some theft reason.
Anyone else tried to get hold of the codes? I would appreciate any help on how to get them:)
My top quit on me so I got a whole lot of info from you guys and found my hydraulic tank was below MIN
I followed the advice of this forum and added fluid to my top (it was below MIN). The cylinders now work well, but I think either the sync is off or I screwed something up messing with it before I finally checked the fluid. So here's what going on:
1) I start by mechanically opening up the 'hook latch' on the front of the top (top is in the half way closed position).
2) I continue to close it....it closes and latches. And then there is the back lid motor running but does NOT close the back lid...it times out
3) I push the open switch, it unlatches, top goes all the way down, side flaps fold up......motor starts for lid closure, but doesn't move....times out
4) I open top, side flaps open, top starts closing.....goes a foot from the windshield and stops (as does the hydraulic motor).
5) I notice that the 'hook' has not opened to receive the slot.
6) I manually open the 'hook', hit the switch and it closes and latches......but again, there is no closure of the rear cover. I do notice that the lever for the back cover (connected by the flexible shaft to the rear hook that draws the cover down) is not moving.....and therefore not hitting the microswitch).
Is this a timing issue? Can the PST2 unit fix this.....or are there many more variables? Thing is, it was working fine and then one day it just 'stopped'....only 2 clicks...no motors