Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Time to replace my OEM summer tires (2007 C4S, got 32,300 miles out of them)--any recs for what to replace with?

I'm trying to choose between Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 or Super Sport. The Super Sports have better ratings on tirerack but the PS2s are OEM. The Super sports are about $500 less than the PS2s for all four tires.

They are both Y rated with similar load capacity.

Anyone try the super sports? I've never been to the track but wouldn't rule this out in the future

I switched from PS2's to the Super Sports two years ago. They are on my daily driver although they've also been on the track twice. I'm definitely not going back to the PS2s, although the biggest advantage is the price. They definitely wear better and dry grip seems a little better than the PS2s. I'm not quite convinced they are better in the wet and I can get the tires break loose when pushed, although they are definitely very good.

Absolutely dreadful in even the lightest snow though :-)

I'd vote for going with the Super Sports especially if you are replacing all 4.

I bought my Super Sports at Costco and they were a little less than buying from Tirerack and h aging them mounted locally, and this included road hazard which would have cost extra at Tirerack. However the Spuer Sport is not "N" rated if this matters to you.

For my experience the Super Sports are quieter, handle better in both the dry, are supposed to last longer, and were cheaper than the PS2's that I had been running.

Have had Super Sports and they have held up well except that the 295 rears houled ever since new (apparently not common). I then swithed to 305's for the rears as the front were less than half warn (typical Porsche no matter what model or year you have) and the houling disappeared. Now a very happy camper-really good in wet weather so long as it is above 42F. If you are going to track you will kiss either tire goodby pretty quick for road use. Suggest buying used set of rims and installing the Super Sports (try used first if you can) as they work prety well no matter how bald they are. N.B. my experience is primarily at Mosport, which is a high speed track.

Hope this helps. Cheers,Uwon