Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I put new tires on Cayenne turbo 04. Guy I bought from told me it had Pirellis at 60%. What I got were two continental 4x4 contacts in back at about 50% a Pirelli p zero driver front at about 60% but dry rotted and a Pirelli Rosso at about 20% front passanger. SUV was shipped from Cali to Minneapolis where I drove 200 miles north in a snowstorm home. Scary skid monster. Needless to say Ticked off. Got new tires on yesterday. Dunlop Wintersport 3d 265 50 19.

This thing sticks like glue now. This tire is fantastic. Quite too.

I know most of you don't need to worry about snow ice or cold but for those of you who do these are it. I have a couple of suburbans. I have an '01 6.0 l 2500 (3/4 ton)that is a plow truck as well as daily driver. Have another 99 2500 with a 7.4. These things go through lots of snow. Plus honda accord that has to go in snow. Always use all seasons and everything goes through alot of snow. Suburbans go through heavy snow. So I know what works. Never had these tires or a full time all wheel drive. Thought the all wheel would really be a liability since there would be resistance at all four ends all the time rather than some free wheel. Was a major problem with the slicks. Classic sports car in the winter type thing. Not now. This will go with the suburbans except for the ground clearance. Just wanted to give the thumbs up to these tires. Heavy snow, slush, packed powder, whispy snow on glare ice.

Its -4 degrees right now. Guy still thinks I'm wrong for calling him on the tires...his mind thinks that his description is accurate.

post-86237-0-95735000-1356838683_thumb.j

Sounds like the Dunlop wintersports work well. We get a fair amount of snow (Nothing like Northern MN), and typically only use the Cayenne for winter. The first set I put on were Pirelli scorpion winter tires, did not like them at all, and they did not last two long, two winters if I recall correctly. Then I got Michelin Alpin. I usually really like Michelin tires, but not in this case. They did not hold as good as the Pirellis but this is not saying much. I ended up taking the Michelins off after one season. Finally I bought a set of Nokian with studs, man what a difference. This year before mounting them I searched our local cragslist for a set of wheels and found a set about 2 blocks from my house it was a set of Cayenne 18" wheels with Nokians without studs for $300. So I just put these on and did not bother to mount the studded Nokians yet this year. So far this year, we have had a lot of ice, so I might put the studs back on. They are talking about restricting studs in Oregon so I should probably use them up before they change the rules. I still think of the three types I have had so far the Nokian is the best. Sounds like you will need a set of summer tires come spring. For summer tires, I have had Pirelli, Michelin Latitude, and Falken. Surprisingly I like the Falken tires best and they are about 70% the cost of the Michelins.

I use Michelin Latitude Alpins on my 2008S here in Carson City. They are fantastic in the snow, and, most important, they are very good tires in the dry. We get plenty of snow in the Sierra, but often have clear roads between storms. Highly recommend these tires.

• 2 weeks later...

Pirelli winters here.....similar to everyone else....they wear very quickly. I have several wheel sets so i just change the wheels on and off throughout the winter. Once the Pirelli's are gone, i'll be looking for a better winter tire.

For my summer/all season tire i run a Kuhmo STX. GREAT MILEAGE, good snow performance, only 120bucks a tire, but NOISY.....they have a fairly wide tread block pattern, making them decent in snow with a capable driver. They are also a decent offroad tire, and provide decent grip.

The tire is pretty hard, so for summer dry driving, they aren't as assuring as maybe a strict performance tire, but i use this thing for daily driving, pulling stumps and trees, and trailing my track car anyways so i'm rarely flying through turns with the CTT.

Looks like the right tire to be wearing in that part of the country.

Due to me living down south, I did not venture this way for my car tires. So far I have great exerience with the Vredestein Sessanta tires.

Sounds like a good choice for you though (I think Sessanta would not be optimal in your state - if yes, only for 3 months out of the year then).

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for a tire to last longer than 15000 miles and came across these. Michelin all season tires at a Sam's Club. Their number 213195. 19".

55000 warranty. Have had cheaper goodyear, bf goodrich, dunlop, etc.

These are the best tires ever. Extremely quiet and good grip in snow and dry. I am in Michigan so I get a fair amount of snow and I drive fairly aggressive.

Hopefully last 55000 but if not, Sam's will replace them.

Not listed as a recommended tire for CTT(just under the load and speed rating I think) but if you are not going to do over 150 mph consistently and do not autocross your CTT, they meet all the other criteria.

Tire Size: 275/45R19/XL Service Description: 108V Sidewall: Black Side Wall Material Number or MSPN: 4493 Rim Width (min. to max.): 8.5-10.5 Section Width: 10.75 Overall Diameter: 28.78 Tread Depth (32nds): 9.5 RPM: 723 Max Load (lbs.): 2004@50psi UTQG Rating Treadwear: 440 Traction A Temperature: A

I'm guessing these are notes as non cayenne tires is because of the load rating, not speed.

max per corner is 2200....with doesn't match up with the GVWR or towing capabilities.

Either way, for 322 dollars a tire....i would wonder if there is a better option out there.....you could pick up a set of Conti DWS tires for cheaper than that.....

I use on my 08 cayenne s - yokohama w-drive. Very good tires. I don't know about durability as this is the first winter i use them. Size 255/50/19.

For summer i have now Yokohama advan ST. Excelent tire. Sticks very good and evacuates water in the rain wonderfully. Size 275/40/20.

As they are almost over i want to try the new Dunlop Quattro Maxx designed specially for powerfull suv's. If sokeone allready tried thm, i would be gratefull for a feedback.