Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

"The air quality sensor monitors ambient air pollution and sends a signal to the Climate Control Unit. The control unit will command the recirculation flap to close if the concen- tration of pollution is excessive.

The air quality sensor reacts to oxides of nitrogen (NOx), Carbon Monoxide (CO) and Sulfur Dioxide (SO2).
The air quality sensor is in the fresh air inlet on the left side. "

I found onother troublemaker . Jesus what a car.

Secondary radiator fan doesnt start. Germany now very hot and i was in a traffic jam today. Temp gauge is climbing and climbing. I open the hood. Nothing. What i hear and see, only one fan is running.

Checked the fuses at home. Everything fine. Any idea how to make a quick check what it can be?

Yes, they should both be spinning when you turn the AC on. You probably have a bad fan as they do fail.

hi , i guess you got me wrong. i would like to know if the fan /resistor is one part or i can get it separate?

thank you

I think the bigger fan is an all-in-one type of unit where the controller is built into the fan. The smaller fan has an external controller (right next to it), but I'm pretty sure it's not a separate part that you can buy.

In my experience, the controllers don't often fail unless the fan has failed. When the fan starts to go bad, it can burn out the controller in the process. But, some cars have controllers that sense this, and they shut down the fan before that happens. I'm not sure how it works on the cayenne if it has the ability to do that, but it doesn't really matter since the controller comes with the fan. On some cars, the controller is a separate part that can be purchased on its own.

My guess is the fan needs to be replaced as they do go bad over time. Grab a blade of the bad fan, and wiggle it around. It shouldn't have any play in the bearing. If it does, it's probably bad. I can't really see any other parts that would cause it to go bad since the fans get their commands right from the ECU. The only other thing I could think of would be a chaffed wire somewhere in the harness. But, that seems like a distant possibility compared to the theory that the fan simply failed. Since the fan and controller are one part, it does make solving this problem a lot easier :)

• Moderators

Yes, they should both be spinning when you turn the AC on. You probably have a bad fan as they do fail.

hi , i guess you got me wrong. i would like to know if the fan /resistor is one part or i can get it separate?

thank you

It varied with the model year, but the ones with resistors external to the fan controller could be replaced separately, but they are pricey (around $100 per).