Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Narrow Body rear ET50, 10x18" wheels?

Hi,

has anybody tried rear 10x18" wheels with ET50 in a narrow body C4?

I got a 2001 996 C4 cabrio and I am considering changing the "boring" stock 17" with BBS LMs. The rears come in two different offsets, 10x18ET50 and 10x18ET65. ET50s would look more aggressive but not sure if they fit at all. As far as I know recommended is ET65 for a 10x18 wheel.

Tyre will be a 265/35/18

thanks a lot

295 should need a 11" rim, right?

mine is the pre-restyling body. maximum tyre in the handbook is 265, would it rub the fender or other internal parts. The restyled ones with the new headlamps have the 295 tyres and I think I read somewhere that they come with widened wheel arches

You will probably have rubbing issues with ET50. I tried a set for a while and the rubbed. Rolled the fenders and the still rubbed. Sold them and went with the ET65 and no problems. The ET 50 are basically set out 15mm farther than the ET65's. With any width on the tires they tend to rub. At least that was my experience. The rims I tried were LM's.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Hi - I am trying to get Turbo twist wheels on my 02 Carrera C2 . The car has stock suspension and stock rears 285/30/18 with ET65. 

What I have got are 996.362.142.01 (CL seller said they are off turbo) with ET45 and 295/30/18 t tire. I have test fitted the rear now, and while the wheel fits and spins freely, the wheel protrudes about 20-25 mm axially beyond fender, and there is about 50mm vertical travel .  Is this worth a try  or a no-go (to high risk of collision with fender...)?   

TurboTwist_02-C.png

I would say it's not worth bothering.

If you look at the hand book it will give you the wheel sizes. 

I have a 2003 C2.  The back wheels are 18x10 with 285.30's.  The wheel offset is 65.  This is the correct offset and with this size tyre and rim the wheels sit comfortably within the arch.  When I bought the car it had  MM Turbo Twist 18's with a 52 offset and they stuck out.  The car looked dreadful.  

Yes sticking out looks aweful to myself too. The main aestetic objective was to fix the side view for now (I like the factory turbo twist style much better than the thin spokes of the stock 02/03 C2's ), and ensuring basic functionality.  If the basics would work, sticking out could be fixed (even though a big job, but I had a body widening done by welding on a different car (well - I only regret it was the wrong car sure as it was a volkswagen caddy....http://www.lxomega.com/ftplxomega/Share/1aj=&asiasana897-22aG8sjk/Cars/2004-06-12_batch-1/2004-06-12_VW_Caddy_Lowered_Widened_Mx-transporter.html), and the result was so rewarding to me....).

However, i did not want to jump into these major changes right now (I have the car for 2 days...). I will possibly try to find some ET65's with the turbo twist for now. 

Thanks anyway for your quick advise.  

Edited by 9552T500