Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
By Robert Dough Jr
About 5/2020 SiriusXM free weekend download affected many PCM units requiring reset. Mine included. The reset fixed the continuous rebooting but left my location corrupted- locates me about 150 miles away and the compass is off 180 degrees.
SiriusXM seemed to admit to causing the problem as they had me take the car back to the dealer so that they could communicate directly with the technician. There may have been a fix. Told to wait and see if held for 48 hours. Reverted back to corrupted state by the time I drove off a few hours later.
Worst case? They tried to surreptitiously tie into my location for ad tracking. Fix would be to initialize the system. Then do updates.
Any ideas? Told to buy a new PCM for $4000 USD. Prefer not to do that.
Hi Guys, I am a new member of this community and I am very happy to be here.
My name is Mathias and I just bought my very first car. I am university student so I wanted a cool, sports car and as I live in Dubai, the weather is warm so a convertible was ideal. I have therefore just bought my first car, the Porsche Boxster, 2006. As this is my first car, and I have bought it as the 3rd owner. I have a lot of questions about how I should maintain the car, and hope you guys can help😎🏎
So first of all, it’s a Porsche Boxster in a beautiful red, with a black soft top, from 2006 that has driven approx. 80,000 km.
it has a beige interior.
1) the paint inside the car has scratches and shows the black color under the beige coating. How can I fix this?
2) the speakers and radio signal is very poor and I want to be able to play music via Bluetooth and aux, is this possible?
3) is it possible to set up Cameras in the car, for parking?
4) there are scratches on the exterior, and I took it to the Porsche center, and they said they do not have a perfect match to this color as they don’t make it in this specific red anymore. Is there anything I can do?
5) the leather inside is looking a little bit worn, is it possible to fix this up?
6) lastly, is there any mods, DIY upgrades or accessories you recommend I to add to this 2006 Boxster?
The navigation dvd drive in my 2006 997.1 C4S has failed. It will not eject the dvd. I want to remove the drive unit in order to attempt a repair or, if necessary, replace it. My problem is that I have been unable to remove the plastic piece that covers the dvd drive and audio amp. Porsche said "it just drops down." I have pushed, pulled, and cursed at the cover but it will not budge. I hesitate to use a tool as a lever for fear of breaking the cover.
Do I need to eat more Wheaties so I can pull harder on the cover, or am I just missing a simple solution?
Hey! Just got my first Porsche, a 2009 Cayenne and love it!
The bluetooth connectivity in PCM is killing me though. Can't get it to pair, not with iPhone 5 nor with a Nokia Lumia 930.
My iPhone finds the "PCM" in bluetooth settings, I get to enter the code in both devices even. But after entering the code, I get "Connection failed". The other way around, PCM does not find iPhone at all when I "Search for phone". Is this an issue with bluetooth antenna or something, or could a software upgrade on PCM likely help? Bluetooth is enabled on PCM of course. The car has a SIM slot as well but I suppose that has nothing to do with this.
I would like to make calls as well as stream audio to the car. Any ideas, others having faced similar issues?