Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.
Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org
- View Classified Ads
- DIY Tutorials
- Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
- VIN Decoder
- Special Offers
OBD II P-Codes
- Paint Codes
- Videos System
- View Reviews
- and get rid of this welcome message
It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE
Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)
- No ads - advertisements are removed
- Access the Contributors Only Forum
- Contributing Members Only Downloads
- Send attachments with PMs
- All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
- Option Codes Lookup
- VIN Option Lookups (limited)
By Scott D Troy
In the last 2 weeks I bought my first Porsche - a 2001 Carrera 4 tiptronic coupe.
1) Is it supposed to say Carrera 4 or Carrer 4S on the back?
2) Is there a Porsche specific website where I can find a photo of the correct rear decklid badges for each 996 model? I tried Google for 2 hours last night.
I simply trying to determine if my 01 Carrera 4 should read Carrera 4 or Carrera 4S on the back.
I have a 2007 C2S manual with about 132K on the odometer. A low oil pressure light has started to show up at idle after the car is warmed up. It seems as if the light is gradually coming on more frequently. The pressure gage on the dash reads around 0.5 bar when the light comes on. When the car is cold the starting pressure is around five bar and is about 3 bar at 3000rpm. As it warms up the pressure drops to about 2 bar at 3000rpm. I always run 0-40W Mobil 1 and change the oil every 5K miles. With the engine off and turning the key one click the pressure gage rises to about 0.1-0.2 bar.
Can anyone help me diagnose this issue? Would be a sensor or something mechanical?