Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Brake Proportioning - press brake

I have a 2004 3.2 cayenne.

During replacing the prop shaft (thumping on down shift) the battery drained flat and required a re-charge.

when connecting the battery and trying to start the car i got a "brake proprtioning" error, and the car would not start.

having no luck called the breakdown service who tool my car to an auto electrian who attempted to find the fault.

attaching a diagnostic machine i was told it was the ABS swicth or ABS module, switch replaced but no fix.

ABS module sent away for testing came back clear (well the company say they couldnt fully test, needs a main dealer)

But i have been given the error codes from the garage, and the two codes are 0513 and 0524, whilst the brake proportioning error remains on screen.

currently the car doesnt run

does anyone have any idea what causes these errors, and does it need a main dealer to repair?

or can an independant porsche guy do this?

any help would be great

thanks

Was the car stored outside when it was at the garage?

We've seen this issue before, feel the driver side carpet and see if its wet.

There are wires under the carpet which are sonically welded, and corrode pretty easily.  A lot of time its the brown ground wire that goes.

This issue happens so much that there is even a porsche repair for the dealerships.

Not sure if this is the issue or not but it could be something to look at.  Another option is to turn the car "on" and let it sit for 15 minutes or so and see if the fault clears itself....it take some time for it clear.

Anyone with a durametric should be able to help you too.