Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
Hey folks, I just bought a 2011 Cayenne S to replace my 2006. Wow what a difference! Anyways, the TPMS has 2 dead sensors. What replacements works? I can't seem to get a straight answer... looking for cost effective option. What have you actually bought and used that actually works? Model names, numbers etc... are appreciated
My 2002 C4 Cabrio top more often than not, will fail to open or close when using the switch. It always works (up/down) when I operate it with the key.
Condition under which the top will consistently work:
* insert key into the door lock
* turn left or right and hold
* top goes up/down respectively
Conditions under which the top INconsistently works:
* Key on the ingition (engine running or not)
* e-brake engaged all the way
* door(s) open or close
* activate the convertible switch
* Sometimes the top will go Down, but most times the top indicator on the dashboard will blink 4 times and nothing happens
* Sometimes the top will go UP, but most times I'll get the 4 blinks
* Sometimes the top will go UP/Down without any issues, under the same conditions.
Battery is less than two months old, and have no indication that the battery may be the root of the problem
All joints on the top are properly lubricated
Do not hear any grinding noises, and when the top moves, the top motor is smooth and quiet
I've read all I could find on this topic and I'm leaning towards a microswitch, Shouldn't the 4 blinks indicate which microswitch to replace? how do I test each?
Trying to do a little troubleshooting without all my books, so hoping you smarty pants on the forum can help me out.
What sensors does the ECU look at during WOT?
I have some serious stumble/stutter under WOT when I have smooth operation under partial throttle.
Thanks in advance!