Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

My 2011 Cayenne S has possible sunroof drain leaks.  I wanna remove the headliner and address the tubes.  Any instructions on taking down the headliner?  FYI,  I have cleaned out the drains in the wheel arches.  Also drained the water in the frame under the sills.  No more sloshing sound.

Thanks.

Roch

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

We had torrential rain last night and now my floor is saturated with water.  Does anybody have a DYI instructional thread on how to remove the headliner?  I need to address this ASAP!!

Thanks.

Roch.

Update.... I removed the A pillar and found that the tubes were no longer connected!  I can only assume someone had use compressed air to blow out the clog from the top and instead blew the hoses apart.  I filled the bottom tube with water and noticed it wasn't draining.  So I blew out the bottom hose and it freed up and emptied through the wheel well.  So I believe the clog is gone.  I then rejoined the hoses with a bit of silicon to give it a bit of a seal.  Now she's back in the rain tonight so we'll find out in the morning if it was a succes!

IMG_20180530_1952022.jpg

Hi Roch,

was it successful in the end? I have a leaky driver side and trying to find some instructions to remove front pillar so I can get access to check the drain tubes.

thanks for you help.

Ryan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Octane4evr
      When I went out to the garage this morning I saw a puddle in front of the left front wheel. I thought I had a bad radiator but when I got in and took a look it appears that the leak is coming at the connection between the breather tube and the radiator, check out the picture. So, my question is this; is this a bad radiator or a bad breather hose?

Thanks!

• By PMH
      Hey everyone,
      I am new on this forum. Was recommended to create a topic about my problem here.
      Its a Cayenne S V8 2011 petrol
      Recently noticed oil leaking from the front area (left side of the car). See the Picture:)
      Porsche workshop is not fully sure yet about exactly where its leaking from. They think its from the oil pan and to find the exact place or fix it, they will have to take motor out and as well gearbox as I understood. They have recommended me to drive it 1000km and come back again for the check-up.
      They say its coming somewhere from the oil pan, but coulld as well be from somewhere above the oilpan.
      Thought post it here, and check if someone have had this kind of problem on their 958 or know about it. It leaks only when the car is running.

Thanks for all the help I can get:)

• By Special
      Had a puddle when warm, from the drivers side front (coolant leak as discoloured the drive). 
      Common problem so took the wheel off with it facing as far right as possible, then, If I recall, 7 screws to remove the plastic cover of the inner wheel arch (torxs)
      Bottom of the 2 pipes were the problem on mine
      The 2 ends of the pipe means you will need a big bucket to catch all the fluid,
      There will be a something like a 3mm wire cir-clip that retains the hose, one at each end, make sure it is well clear or take it off all together, its easy to get back on.
      then just pull the hose off and get wet.(image)
      The leaking end had been bodged before so was I had to wiggle for a while, don't forget the car is on jacks so don't pull too hard.
      then release the other end, I must have releases a good 3 litres of coolant out of the car.
      The new hose (image) is apparently silicone based, and I read that you are not to use silicone lubricant on silicon hoses?
      So you will have to decide on what to put on the hose to aid insertion.
      Clean everything as much as you can, then push the new hose and put back the clips on both ends (test pull to see if well located).
      With the Gen2 (might be cayman and boxster the coolant refill should be done with a full drain as per other tutorials, but to refill and bleed you have to remove the engine cover and find the 
      bleed valve as per image. not in the boot as gen1( as I understand)
      Check for leaks

• By antoun3000
      Has anyone had any experience with transmission Fluid leak on automatic, tiptronic 986, its by the front driver side tire, only about a half cup's worth.  The car is an 03 with 107k miles, I have had the ims bearing taken care of and replaced the rms, no oil leaks.   The air pump, fuel pump and aos have all been replaced with in the past 10k miles... at my last service mechanic stated that the transmission wiring harness would be the next thing to fail based on the mileage of the vehicle.  Has anyone had any experience w this? Could this be the cause of the leak? ... any insight would be appreciated
    • By nabenson
      I have a 2006 997.1. Recently I noticed that the plastic cover at the rear of the car was covered in oil. After pulling it it was obvious that it was gear oil from the transmission, and that it appeared to have come from the left (driver's) side axle. I pulled the halfshaft and replaced the seal. I then refilled the transmission and the leak has not gone away. I figured I screwed up on the seal, and replaced it a second time just to make sure I hadn't lost the tension spring or whatever but that didn't do anything.

My next thought is that it was probably overfilled. The book states 2.9l, but my assumption is that it can't actually take that much during a change -- only when filled from dry. After some googling I found some references to 2.6l when doing a change, though I've not been able to verify that in the owner's manual, service book, or anywhere else.

I started slowly draining fluid and driving around the block to see what happens. As I drain more fluid it leaks less and less. However, I don't want to end up with too little so I'm not sure what to do here. The seal was an easy change, but I'm not too keen on doing it again because I'm pretty sure that's not the problem at this point.
      Does anyone know if the transmissions on these cars might have some kind of vent on the driver's side?

The passenger side is dry and clean and there haven't been any problems with it. Is it likely that it's still overfull and the seal is really meant to prevent excess from splashing out and too much oil will still find its way out? From what I see those seals really can't do much to hold anything in if there's an excess of oil being thrown at it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.