Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.
Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org
- View Classified Ads
- DIY Tutorials
- Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
- VIN Decoder
- Special Offers
OBD II P-Codes
- Paint Codes
- Videos System
- View Reviews
- and get rid of this welcome message
It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE
Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)
- No ads - advertisements are removed
- Access the Contributors Only Forum
- Contributing Members Only Downloads
- Send attachments with PMs
- All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
- Option Codes Lookup
- VIN Option Lookups (limited)
I was checking / fixing fuses, pulling them and putting new that kind of stuff and now my windows do not open and the front light are always on! The fuses are ok but I am wondering if by playing around maybe i messed up a relay or something! I tried to fix the fuses to what they should be, in the past the car ( used ) had fuses too big for what the chart called for, so for example i replaced a 30 for a 10 if a 10 was the one needed etc.
2001 911 Carrera: hood latch has started popping open whenever the door is unlocked (key or fob) and while driving (randomly). I've read the helpful threads on the website and understand it might be a latch adjustment, or perhaps just a good cleaning under the switch. The problem for me is that I'm on a trip and won't be home with access to my garage and tools until I drive a few hundred highway miles. I'd like to disable the latch for the drive home, but in looking at my fuse map, I can't tell which fuse to pull or whether pulling it will disable something critical to the drive.
Any thoughts? Thanks very much for your help and advice!
Ii rented an innova to clear the codes, i just had too many old one, but weirdly a PSM failure i had for a while, but came back :-(. While it was out i was able to press the PSM button off/on and it lit up and off and appeared everything worked. Also the sports button and that struss type button could be turned on / off. Now all are out :-(
I wonder where i can find out what is messed up.
I went under the drivers seat, i will attach pics soon, and will like to buy those connectors with cables to re-do all that cabling down there, it is ugly. Ideas?
1999 Porsche 911 (996) Cab - Automatic Trans., Aftermarket Alpine Radio
I'm trying to track down a bad alarm switch (I think). Following are the symptoms:
1. Alarm double beep when activating
2. Door Locks and Windows don't work (15 AMP Fuse C3 blown)
3. Battery is fully Charged
4. I disconnected the ignition switch, reconnected the battery and fuse still blows
5. I disconnected the door lock switch and fuse still blows
6. I disconnected the overhead light array and the fuse still blows
7. Car (basically) does not start (fuel pump works). Car will start intermittently, but maybe 10% of the time trying
8. I replaced the ignition relay (old one was working but showing some resistance on the ohm meter)
9. Problem surfaced when I stopped for gas, filled the tank and the car wouldn't start. I realize there's a lock on the gas cover...have not done troubleshooting on it as I think I have to remove the wheel well to get to it.
10. If I had a wiring diagram, it would make things a whole lot easier!!!
11. I connected a scanner...no faults...I got a green light...however, the scanner does not check the alarm codes
Any help would be appreciated.
So I own a 2004 Cayenne Turbo 2004. I don't drive the it much but today when I went to turn the car on the speedometer didn't power-up. So I turn the car off and restarted and still nothing.
Everything else works fine expect for the windshield wipers and speedometer. I'm thinking it's a fuse but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had these issues. Video and pictures coming soon! And tomorrow morning I'm testing the fuses to see if maybe it's loose or blown.