Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Garage Door opener rocker switch question

I'm wondering if I can use a rocker switch from a Targa (996 613 147 00 A 02), the one that opens the glass roof, in my 2000 Cpe. Are the rocker switches the same from year to year? I saw this switch on the "bat wing" pannel (the one that has the heated seat switches) of a targa today and the picture on it looked like a garage door to me. I figured I would order one of these instead of the door lock switch to wire my garage door opener to. Can anyone tell me if this will work? Thanks. Scott

• Admin

996 613 147 00 A02 is the sun roof switch and it has three functions. One switch opens and closes the sun roof tilt. The other switch functions rock back and forth to open the sun roof (all the way) or close the sun roof. It is physically larger than any of the front console (dash) panel switches. So, it would not fit in the batwing.

996 613 157 10 A05 is the Targa Roof switch which normally resides in the batwing. So, it would fit. It is a rocker that opens the Targa roof in one direction and closes in the other. So, you could just wire one side of the switch. Now for the bad news. The Targa Roof switch only comes in the A05 black matt finish whereas all the other switches in your car (and all MY 99-01 cars) are glossy black finish.

• 2 months later...

I used the Targa "shade" switch to hook to my garage door opener and installed it into one of the blanks to the rear of the ashtray in the console. I used it because I too think it lools like a garage door. Fortunately it matches my '03 interior. I hooked one of the wires from the garage door opener to the switch's center terminal and hooked the other wire to both of the other terminals to allow it to function no matter which way I rock the switch. I also got power from the ashtray illumination lead and lit the switch by attaching those wires to the outside-most terminals on the switch.

It works great and looks great. Good luck with yours.

Dwayne

Kirby - It Looks Really Cool B)

So now you WILL have to swap your switch out... :thumbup:

I think I have taken the photo of the switch upside down! - Thats how it is going in my dash though...

Part No: 996 613 119 10 A05 - Note the Matt Finish! - Targa Blind Switch

Switch has illumination but No provision for a LED 'ON' indicator, but I ain't fussed about that.

post-2-1073634292_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZX7R