Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2006 997.1 S 

I'm installing an AIM Data logger and want to add some additional Oil Pressure Sensors for monitoring.

I've been told that the OE location is in the upper right corner of the 456 Bank and that there is a tapped and plugged location 

on the lower right corner of the 123 bank. I figured that would work fir one and I was hoping to add an additional one somewhere that would give me 

a reading closer to the sump. The goal is to differentiate between G Force effected readings and if I'm running the sump dry.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark 

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JayAre
      I installed a complete Used FVD Brombacher exhaust this weekend. Headers, Cats, Mufflers, 02 Sensors. When installing the FVD exhaust I noticed that the post catalytic O2 sensors were on opposite sides of the stock headers. (2001 C2 Manual) The leads were not long enough to go to the opposite side connectors. So I plugged them into the sockets closest to them. I was able to drive for about 30 miles until the CEL light came on. I noticed the idle was a little off, would fluctuate between the 760 - 860 range I think . Car drove fine. When I got back home I checked the codes.

P01030 O2 Sensor Curcuit Bank 1
      P1133
      P1130 Oxygen Sensing
      P1126 Oxygen Sensing
      P0300 Random Misifre Detected
      P0306 Misfire Cyl 6
      P0304 Mis Cyl 4
      P0305 Mis Cyl 5

02 Sensor Output 0.0v Bank 1 Sensor 1

I hope you enjoyed my drawings. 

Would this be due to the post cat O2 sensors be plugged into the opposite connectors? Plugs and tubes were replaced about 6K ago, all the coils looked fine. The 02 sensors came on the exhaust. Could this just be a bad O2 sensor? Would it be advisable to get the DME re tuned for the new exhaust?'

Thanks!

• By SpawnyWhippet
      I  have a 2009 997.2 PDK Carrera 2 and am getting a loss of power and this error code:
      2510: Fuel high-pressure control - adaptation. Value below lower limit value
        I believe this means my HPFP is dead and am looking for the workshop procedure for replacing the high pressure fuel pump HPFP. I have looked far and wide for a DIY tutorial on this, but found nothing. My local stealership will do the work for $900 labor plus parts. I have sourced the pump for $850 and want to do the work myself. The pump looks readily accessible at the back right end of the engine, facing the rear bumper.
      I am happy to write this up as a DIY with pics if someone can forward me the workshop manual pages or procedure?
    • By pike1181
      Hey guys,

So I'm having this issue that is driving me crazy. My SAI (Secondary AIr Injection) and Oxygen Sensor are not reaching "Ready Status"

A little background about my car. 
      2006 Boxster S 3.2L
      FVD Exhaust system
      GMS Headers with 200 cell cats - has all 4 O2 sensors attached.
      996 throttle body and distribution hose
      ECU Tuning Group tune

I had the car up in BC Canada since 2009 (although it is a US car) and had no problems passing the sniffer and obdII tests - both before and after all the mods except for the ECU tune. 

I went to get my emissions testing done last week in Texas and failed due to the 2 systems being in not-ready status. I figured it might have to do with the cat delete (ROW) configured in the tune. I sent my ECU back to ETG in California and had them re-flash my ECU in order to re-enable the O2 sensors. 
      I cleared all codes and figured I would start fresh. I drove the car about 120 miles and attempted to follow the drive cycle mentioned in the forums but it was really tough with the roads out here. Everything is in ready status except for the SAI, and the O2 sensor. I can manually start the SAI using the Durametric system so I would believe the pump is not bad; however, I'm not
      sure that I"m hearing the SAI start up when I cold start the engine.

For testing purposes I unplugged my O2 sensors from both bank1 and  bank2 and they both threw fault codes which confirms that the ECU tune re-activated my sensors. 

I've uploaded a few pictures with the results from a OBDII app as well as the Durametric Software to my Google Drive. I'm not quite sure how to interpret the Durametric Voltage results - especially the negative 50 V and -127V - seems quite odd. 
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4ncE-o5M02DeUlLZVlxRV9hX3c

Any help or guidance will be appreciated as I'm out of ideas.  

Thanks,
      Joel

• By bartb
      Could anybody help me with a wiring diagram from the engine ? I have trouble finding the solution . I already changed the sensor and coilpacks on bank 2.
      I also measure 12v on the connector . Should this not be 5v. I just bought the car it didn't run the last 6 years . I drove about 300 km without problems . It al starts after a cold start . Sorry for my English I live in Belgium . 

Greetings 

Bart 
    • By jchapura
      I'd like to turn on the radiator fans at about a temperature that's 10 degrees cooler than what they currently turn on at.

Is there a way to do that? Different temp switch? Reprogramming one of the computers? If reprogramming, can the Durametric Enthusiast do the job or is the Pro needed? Or some other available tool?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.