Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Pick up my new toy at 4pm today. Had a couple people call about my 996 but they were a pain in the rear so I'm just going to trade it in. :P

Can't wait....... :rolleyes:

I'll post current pics when I get it. These are from the dealers ad...

post-7267-1251906734_thumb.jpg

post-7267-1251906753_thumb.jpg

post-7267-1251906766_thumb.jpg

Love the interior. Is that "natural" color leather?

No it's "Terra Cotta" with black leather dash and door trim. I wouldn;t have liked it if it was all Terra. A lot of times Porsche does the entire interior in the same color including the steering wheel. That looks really bad in red..

This was a special order so the dash and doors trim and wheel were ordered black. This car was over $100k with all the options when new :o

I pick it up in 5 hours (but who's counting.) :jump: :jump: :jump:

car looks badass with that color interior. How much are they asking and how many miles? Also what year is this 997?

Pick up my new toy at 4pm today. Had a couple people call about my 996 but they were a pain in the rear so I'm just going to trade it in. :P

car looks badass with that color interior. How much are they asking and how many miles? Also what year is this 997?

It's an 06 "S" with 17k miles. I got it for $53k. It has the full leather interior, Sports Chrono package and the Porsche Sport Exhaust. Most 06's I found were going for around $57 to $59k. This one was loaded and unique. Plus I love the interior as well. I think a woman owned it and used it for a shopping mule :D

Great find Phillip, I wish you the best with this one.

it made me sick when I came over and you showed me the oil in the anti-freeze (I think I threw up in my mouth a little).

Then you fixed it and then it tranny problems........

enjoy my friend. see you on the 210.

Gil

Great find Phillip, I wish you the best with this one.

it made me sick when I came over and you showed me the oil in the anti-freeze (I think I threw up in my mouth a little).

Then you fixed it and then it tranny problems........

enjoy my friend. see you on the 210.

Gil

Thanks Gil!

woohoo T-1

Hamad... your tailpipes are the same size :)

Sam

very nice!! Congrats :D

very light touchs: clear side signals, all red rear lights and it should look like this :D

oh and light tent ;)

Good point! I don’t have the Sport exhaust. that might be the next project or maybe something else to increase performance.... hmmmm

• Admin
woohoo T-1

Hamad... your tailpipes are the same size :)

Sam

very nice!! Congrats :D

very light touchs: clear side signals, all red rear lights and it should look like this :D

oh and light tent ;)

Good point! I don’t have the Sport exhaust. that might be the next project or maybe something else to increase performance.... hmmmm

Sport exhaust will not increase performance or horsepower - just sound.

I have the car and it's more than I even hoped. :D It's amazing. I was so happy to get rid of that troubled 996. Trading it in was the best thing I did.

The Sport Chrono is really awesome. The car gets to 100mph so quickly and easily. No rattles, squeaks, it's fantastic to have a coupe again.

After driving a car with no mods I can really appreciate how great the car is stock from the factory. I will not touch anything. No rockers, wings, springs, air boxes, Nothing... It is so much faster than any of my other Porsches I'm fine with it ;)

I have all kinds of Zaino products coming. I swore I wouldn't have a black car again but this one was too good to pass up.

It looks really sweet with the windows tinted. I'll take some pictures and post them this weekend.

No I can finally enjoy my car instead of worry about it.

:renntech:

I have the car and it's more than I even hoped. :D It's amazing. I was so happy to get rid of that troubled 996. Trading it in was the best thing I did.

The Sport Chrono is really awesome. The car gets to 100mph so quickly and easily. No rattles, squeaks, it's fantastic to have a coupe again.

After driving a car with no mods I can really appreciate how great the car is stock from the factory. I will not touch anything. No rockers, wings, springs, air boxes, Nothing... It is so much faster than any of my other Porsches I'm fine with it ;)

I have all kinds of Zaino products coming. I swore I wouldn't have a black car again but this one was too good to pass up.

It looks really sweet with the windows tinted. I'll take some pictures and post them this weekend.

Phillip:

That's what I call turning a lemon into delicious lemonade! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Enjoy it in good health! :cheers:

Regards, Maurice.

Enjoy Phillip! :D

I agree with the black color comment. I recommend the indoor cover. I am using this for mine now and it keeps it clean for my weekend drives.

Posts pics when you have them.

Loren - Thanks for the clarification

Best

Hamad

Bob,

As I fired it up early this morning (in the dark) the PSE growl and the smell of leather made me smile :D

I'm truly thrilled with this car. Thanks for all the kind words.

I'll try to take some pics this weekend.

Have a great labor day... ;)

Edited by phillipj