Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Boxster Front Trunk Light

Mine doesn't work once in ten openings. If you take the red lever that unlatched the saftey catch, hold it all the way over and let the spring thunk it back in place, my light comes on. If you don't open the trunk often it gets dticky.

I got gear oil in the front compartment while shipping the transaxle up to flat 6. Having a heck of a time getting it cleaned out and getting rid of the odor. Liners are out and I'd like to prop the lid open for several days with a fan blowing through it. How can I find out which fuse serves that circuit so I don't kill the battery? Any thoughts will be appreciated. Go (insert your super bowl team here)!!

I got gear oil in the front compartment while shipping the transaxle up to flat 6. Having a heck of a time getting it cleaned out and getting rid of the odor. Liners are out and I'd like to prop the lid open for several days with a fan blowing through it. How can I find out which fuse serves that circuit so I don't kill the battery? Any thoughts will be appreciated. Go (insert your super bowl team here)!!

IMO, it's easier to simply remove the small lightbulb. Very easy to access and remove and replace. Just make sure you clean the bulb before reinstalling it to remove any oil that may have been deposited there from handling the bulb. That will make the bulb last longer.

Regards, Maurice.

• Upvote 1

IMO, it's easier to simply remove the small lightbulb. Very easy to access and remove and replace. Just make sure you clean the bulb before reinstalling it to remove any oil that may have been deposited there from handling the bulb. That will make the bulb last longer.

Regards, Maurice.

That did it. Thanks for the tip!

• 6 years later...

I was working on the front trunk latch and switch today, on my 986. The light had not been coming on when the lid was opened.

Once I was in there, I found a small pine needle lodged in the microswitch.  My dear dad used to park it outside under the trees often. ?

Pulled it out with forceps, cleaned everything out and shot the switch with Deoxit.  All is well. Thanks for all of your info on that topic. ???? 

Happy new year to all of you.

94FD927D-7145-46A9-B6D7-73D78315103B.jpeg

Edited by BobieMac