Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Wow major issues calling on anyone for help

I agree with logray but would try to turn the engine over by hand after the plugs are removed. Try and keep them in order with the cylinder they were removed from to aid with diagnostics.

Unfortunetly it sounds like a catastrophic water pump failure that led to severe overheating and probably a cracked head or cylinder. If your oil looks like a milkshake (on your dipstick) you have the dreaded "intermix"

That means a rebuild or a new engine. Hope it's not the case but it's exactly what happened to my 996...

Come on guys, be nice... not fun having to deal with this type of issue.

There might be a chance your engine is OK, but trying to run it while it was exhibiting those symptoms is just brutal and might have reduced your chances to salvage what you've got.

Certainly I agree turn the engine over by hand, if there is no binding or mechanical problems and the timing is OK and plugs look fine then perhaps all it needs is a good flush to get the moisture content out of the engine/oil.

There was a post here recently from JFP on how to flush engine out. But basically IIRC you change the oil many many times in a very very short period of time.

If your engine is toast, there was a post here a day or two ago and they come up from time to time about what to do with a failed engine. There are several options, from used, to rebuilt, to performance rebuilds, and a new engine. If you are going to spend $15-20k on a new engine, you might consider instead a superior option to have it rebuilt by a shop such as F6I.

I hope I didn't come off as being "mean" or insensitive to you situation. That was certainly not my intention.. I have been there.. :cursing:

A puddle that sucked in water? That is a very bizzare diagnosis. I hope your engine is okay. I feel your pain, I went through a blown motor a few years ago. It's good news that your oil is clear. But as Logray said it probably wasn't wise to keeping running the engine when it was exhibiting such behavior.

Get your car to a good Porsche tech and have a proper diagnosis.. A lot of time these stories have happy endings.. I hope the best for you and let us know what you find..

Phillip

As stated previously try to crank the motor manually. If it doesnt move than its most likely hydrolocked. How deep was the puddle? Its sort of weird that it could have sucked in water as our intakes isnt really that low from what I see???

Sorry to hear your engnie problem. There are small holes at the bottom of the airbox, which is the lowest point of the intake. But that also means the puddle has to cover your exhaust and cats and alternator to get to that high level?!

no good ending insurance totaling car, i will have a chance to buy the car back but not sure I will.. where should I get a rebuilt motor... there is meistor motors who i called n spoke to who said they can rebuild my motor 4k....

NO MOTOR MEISTER!!!! Please move caustiously. Motor Meister are well known crooks (Do a search.) Also stay away from Fabian Rooke. DO NOT consider a 3.6 conversion..

How much is your insurance going to give you? If the car is in great condition you may want to buy it back.. You could piece it out if you had to.

I'm sure there are people in your area that can rebuild your engine if you choose to do so. You may want to buy a used engine.

Or you can just buy another Carrera...Lots of great cars out there.

But PLEASE be very careful who you do business with, Run it by us first...

Good luck!

Edited by phillipj

• Moderators

NO MOTOR MEISTER!!!! Please move caustiously. Motor Meister are well known crooks (Do a search.) Also stay away from Fabian Rooke. DO NOT consider a 3.6 conversion..

How much is your insurance going to give you? If the car is in great condition you may want to buy it back.. You could piece it out if you had to.

I'm sure there are people in your area that can rebuild your engine if you choose to do so. You may want to buy a used engine.

Or you can just buy another Carrera...Lots of great cars out there.

But PLEASE be very careful who you do business with, Run it by us first...

Good luck!

+1 A lot of pople been screwed by these folks..................

Thanks for the info, right now i am sick to my stomach, I had a good run with porsche 944,boxster and the 911.. but i am not going to buy anymore.. As i am not sure what the insurance is going to give me .... i owe on the car a few thousand so