Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

New water pump, still hot engine

Decided to change the water pump on my turbo. Just in Case of a possible

Failure and because the temp went above middle on low rpm.

Today i take the car back. Driving in city Traffic . Stop and go. Temp went higher and higher

In Directon of red area. Switched on heating to bring temp down.

Called the mechanic and ask him if he refill the System with vacuum Equipment .

Any idea what it can be? Thermostat maybe?

post-77547-0-52454900-1433885119_thumb.j

Was there a specific time or event that made the temperature sit higher than normal?

What temperature did it display when you originally bought the car?

Hi !

When i drive home from the shop yesterday i didnt feel it at the beginning . Just when i enter the city and i had to stop on many Traffic lights i noticed the temp went up really fast

Are you sure it's not either the gauge or the temperature sender that's faulty?

It's a good idea to get an infrared thermometer gun.  Something like this:  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R3.TR6.TRC1.A0.H0.Xinfra+red+thermom.TRS0&_nkw=infrared+thermometer+gun&_sacat=0

This will enable you to check that the gauge is giving an accurate reading for coolant temperature.

This i didnt check but as the Fans are running full speed and under the hood its really hot i believe the gauge is ok.

As i wrote in my first post, just switching on heating on high temp makes the gauge going back to the middle

Car was in shop again today. This time they take out all coolant and refill it in with vacuum pump . Until now car Runs ok with normal temp.

Onother sign they didnt do it in the right way yesterday. Makes me angry. Really time to think about to change the mechanic.

When you took the water pump out, were there any fins missing?

Cooling systems aren't all that complicated.  Over heating problem - install new pump - still overheating.  I would bump a failed water pump to the bottom of the list of possible culprits at this point.  Fans kicking on to high speed tells me the radiator temp sensor is reading correctly, and not likely a faulty sensor.  If you haven't done the thermostat - that would be my number suspect at this point.  

Good to hear that it is fixed.

Strange though, as I have heard it said that this cooling system was supposed to be self bleeding.

Self bleeding? Dont know how this should work.

What i read afterwords this air pockets are really dangerous for our Engines Health . Heat is punctual very high and could cause serious damage. I believe my temp problems started already when they replaced the water cooled alternator.