Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

were 996 leather rear seats available in Savanna Beige?

I recently purchased a complete Savannah Beige set of seats from an '02 996 owner. I installed the front seats in my Boxster and put the rears on ebay. I assumed they were leather as the fronts were definitely so. The winner of my ebay auction is complaining bitterly that I've swindled him and the rears are in leatherette. Sadly he's in Australia and I'm in Los Angeles so I'm not in much of a position to argue and have arranged (at my own expense) to have them returned for a full refund. The roundtrip shipping will now eclipse the very reasonable $199 price I sold them for. A complete disaster.

I did a little research this afternoon and downloaded a 2003 Carrera Coupe Order Guide. (On page 12) the Savannah Beige Full Leather package seems to indicate that only the rear seat centers and rear seat lateral supports were in leather. The other packages (black, grey, etc) don't make any mention of the rears being anything but full leather. Does that mean the Savanna Beige seats might be a combination of leatherette and leather? Is the winner of my auction mistaken? He seems to think that Option Codes 936 and 939 would provide full leather seats in the rear no matter what.

I would like to hear from the experts. Also; if the full leather rear seats are available in Savanna Beige and you happen to have a set for sale I have a customer for you. He will only pay $199US and you'll be responsible for shipping both ways if he doesn't like them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320916963556

INTERI SD

Savanna Beige Full Leather - Items finished in leather: A-pillar/windscreen 999 frame trim (1.0), B-pillar trim (1.3), C-pillar trim

(1.4), rear panel trim (1.5), switch panel (2.0), instrument cover/airbag cover (2.1), steering

wheel rim (2.7a), airbag module (2.7b), door trim (3.0), door panel (3.1), front of door handle (3.2), glove box cover (3.3), side airbag cover (3.4), lid of storage bin (4.1), gear lever/Tiptronic gear selector and handbrake lever (4.4a/4.4b), Tiptronic gear selector gate (4.6), front center console side trim (4.2), rear center console side trim (4.3), rear seat area side trim (5.0), seat center (7.0), lateral supports and head restraints (7.1), rear seat centers (7.3), and rear seat lateral supports (7.4). Steering column (2.7d) in soft touch paint. Sun visors in leatherette.

Edited by pricebill

• Admin

My car is full leather and the rear seats are called out on the option list separately (mine is M936).

I also have M981 Leather equipment without seat covers and M983 Seat covers, front, leather.

So it appears that they would need to be called out on the option list (either M936 or M939). Sorry...

M936 Seat covers, rear, leather

M939 Seat covers, rear, draped leather