Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Is there an aftermarket repair/service manual available for the Cayenne? Does the dealer sell the original books or CD, and does anyone know the part numbers and price?

Thanks.

There are no "aftermarket" repair/service manuals. There are the Porsche factory workshop manuals, OBDII manuals but Porsche has not printed them in about 5 years. If you want service manuals, part information and more send me an email or PM and can help you.

I have attached a small sample for you to check out.

9PA_GROUP_0_GENERAL.pdf

• Upvote 2

Keith I have PMd you, I have not received what I bought form you over 2 months ago! Right now you have all my money and I have received nothing, this is not how one does business over the internet, please sort this out!

JP

This is interesting, this member Porschelibrarian also told me for $109 he would send me the service manuals on disk. I didn't expect there to be any problems, at least not from members on this board. Has anyone else had problems with this member Porschelibrarian?

Keith I have PMd you, I have not received what I bought form you over 2 months ago! Right now you have all my money and I have received nothing, this is not how one does business over the internet, please sort this out!

JP

I paid and got a download link within moments yesterday June 13, 2009. Huge amount of content. Exactly what I wanted and had been looking for.

JP

I paid and got a download link within moments yesterday June 13, 2009. Huge amount of content. Exactly what I wanted and had been looking for.

I am waiting to see the outcome of this thread, i.e., are things ordered delivered, before I purchasing anything.

JP

I am waiting to see the outcome of this thread, i.e., are things ordered delivered, before I purchasing anything.

Hi,

I can confirm rizzo's quote. I bought the 996 and the Cayenne factory manuals form Porschelibrarian this week. He send me everything I expected within minutes by providing me with a download link right after payment. No delay and excellent stuff, good and quick communication. So nothing to complain about.

lawlord

• 2 weeks later...

I know that most of the major components (suspension, exhaust, chassis, etc) on a vw touareg are the same as on a cayenne? Are the engine's on the v6 version also similar? Bently publishing sells the entire touareg service manual on dvd , its less then $100 online. Maybe this will help on many repairs we do on a cayenne since they are so similar.

Volkswagen

Touareg, Touareg 2

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007,

2008, 2009

Repair Manual on DVD-ROM

by Volkswagen of America

DVD-ROM, eBahn Version 3.0,

Windows 2000/XP

Bentley Stock Number: V7L5

VWoA Lit#: W42 V7L5 V030 DVD

ISBN-13: 978-0-8376-1269-0

I know that most of the major components (suspension, exhaust, chassis, etc) on a vw touareg are the same as on a cayenne? Are the engine's on the v6 version also similar? Bently publishing sells the entire touareg service manual on dvd , its less then $100 online. Maybe this will help on many repairs we do on a cayenne since they are so similar.

Volkswagen

Touareg, Touareg 2

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007,

2008, 2009

Repair Manual on DVD-ROM

by Volkswagen of America

DVD-ROM, eBahn Version 3.0,

Windows 2000/XP

Bentley Stock Number: V7L5

VWoA Lit#: W42 V7L5 V030 DVD

ISBN-13: 978-0-8376-1269-0

Does the Bentley manual have 70 pages for the wiring diagrams? How about the OBDII codes, computer module locations in the Cayenne or the Touareg? Does it cover any body work? Transmissions? Chassis? Electronics? I know from other Bentley manuals and the VW Workshop manuals contained in Elsawin ( the VW Audi edition similar to POSES) that they are not anywhere as comprehensive as the Porsche WSM. The Workshop manual for the Cayenne is over 10,000 pages. How many pages arecontained in the Bentley manual? In addition to the WSM I have collected the Cayenne OBDII manual, Diagnostic manual, 4 years of wiring diagrams, plus complete parts information for each year and more.

Hi,

I can confirm rizzo's quote. I bought the 996 and the Cayenne factory manuals form Porschelibrarian this week. He send me everything I expected within minutes by providing me with a download link right after payment. No delay and excellent stuff, good and quick communication. So nothing to complain about.

lawlord

I just got the Cayenne manuals and it has everything I could think of. I'm looking at a few things that may not be covered by the CPO but I can now fearlessly go in and fix those things if need be. Same deal as above, I got the info within hours of sending payment.

Is there an aftermarket repair/service manual available for the Cayenne? Does the dealer sell the original books or CD, and does anyone know the part numbers and price?

Thanks.

There are no "aftermarket" repair/service manuals. There are the Porsche factory workshop manuals, OBDII manuals but Porsche has not printed them in about 5 years. If you want service manuals, part information and more send me an email or PM and can help you.

I would also like to be able to get your information.

Please advise on how and price.

I have 2005 cayenne base.

Edited by amicdav
  • Upvote 1

I'm also interested.

I'm just curious about one thing first. What is the difference between the Porsche Workshop Manual and info from you and the TSBs (Technical Service Bulletin)? Is everything in the TSB also covered in the Porsche WSM plus more or am I missing the point? I'm mainly interested in info about the interior/exterior body parts, removal instructions and so on. Which one (the TSBs or your goodies) should suit better?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks.

I would like to get the repair/service manuals as well.....could you let me know what I need to do to get them?

Thanks--

• Admin

Thanks.

I would like to get the repair/service manuals as well.....could you let me know what I need to do to get them?

Thanks--

Folks you need to send a PM (Personal Message) to Porschelibrarian -- not post here.

I'm getting confused... how much different material is out there for the cayenne? from what I can figure out we have:

1)The complete workshop manual would be 10 sections plus wiring diagrams and then additional manuals such as Diagnostics, OBDII... (PM certain members for this)

2) The Porsche parts CD

Where can I get the second one from? is it useful? and are there any other things I should keep a heads-up for?

Edited by Mokeylock

• 1 year later...

I am interested in getting the entire manual.

How do we do that?

Thanks,

Ed

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...