Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Just curious... what does a factory sport exhaust cost these days?

For another reference point. when I bought my PSE through the Techquipment program from Sunset, I paid about $1,700 for parts and another $600 for my local dealership to install. Not too bad, considering the factory installed option (not available for a 2006 build) was $2,100.

I am not affiliated with Fister D in any way. I installed my Fister D's about a year and a half ago and they still make me smile every time I drive the car. They cost around $300 plus shipping and are by far the best mod you can do. Do some searching and you'll find many, many more like me, who are very happy with the results.

I have a full Fabspeed exhaust system,(headers, exhaust & 2-- cell X-Cats) wasn't cheap but sounds great and added a lot of power. Watch these videos and see what you think. 1st one tells you about the exhaust construction.

I don't work for Fabspeed either just know a few people thier. Really great group.

Edited by vx700

I put the fvd brombacher sport exhaust on the car and sounds fantastic, Rhonda at fvd was very helpfull and didnt like the one they had in their warehouse in florida so had one shipped to me from germany at no additional cost. I couldn't be happier with the sound, no cabin drone, sound great when you get on the car. Give Rhonda a call if you have any questions, 1800 274 2220 ext14

• Upvote 1

I put the fvd brombacher sport exhaust on the car and sounds fantastic, Rhonda at fvd was very helpfull and didnt like the one they had in their warehouse in florida so had one shipped to me from germany at no additional cost. I couldn't be happier with the sound, no cabin drone, sound great when you get on the car. Give Rhonda a call if you have any questions, 1800 274 2220 ext14

Hey buddy found this on the web, sound great! So if your 996 sounds like that nice job!

PSE is not worth retrofitting to a car for the $$ you spend just get FisterD and it is 95% the same. My buddy has PSE and I have FisterD and you can barely tell the difference. His is 3.4 vs my 3.6 x51 but trust me 95% of the same sound the one difference is being able to go into quite mode vs. the FisterD but why would you even need that feature? My car is quite as stock as long as I stay off the throttle and zero drone unlike some of those after market exhaust out there. My .02 is FisterD was best money I have spent.

Good morning. New guy here. Wanting a bit more aggressive exhaust note and after reading this thread, I spend my birthday afternoon yesterday putting my 2002 Carrera 2 up on my Race Ramps, removing the rear bumper cover, heat shields, and mufflers, cleaning the mufflers up and back from the shipping company in just 3 hours, including the usual first-time struggle to find the right size sockets, Torx, etc. Mufflers are on their way to CA and should arrive in a week I'm told. $108 to ship 40 lbs across the country. I'll spend the down time with the car on the ramps and do some exploring. Seems to me that the FD Motorsports cost with shipping both ways and experience in doing the "hack" with the right size tubing and location on the in and out-flow pipes should be the most bang for the investment. I'd love to reduce the rear weight with another type of system but that's being pretty anal about weight and its location. Install should be a bit quicker I'd think and by removing and shipping my own mufflers, I'm not at the mercy of having to wait for FD to receive cores from other customers before handling my order. My thoughts this morning . . . . Good to get some dirt under my fingernails yesterday; and, sure beats being in the office on a nice Friday afternoon.

Good morning. New guy here. Wanting a bit more aggressive exhaust note and after reading this thread, I spend my birthday afternoon yesterday putting my 2002 Carrera 2 up on my Race Ramps, removing the rear bumper cover, heat shields, and mufflers, cleaning the mufflers up and back from the shipping company in just 3 hours, including the usual first-time struggle to find the right size sockets, Torx, etc. Mufflers are on their way to CA and should arrive in a week I'm told. $108 to ship 40 lbs across the country. I'll spend the down time with the car on the ramps and do some exploring. Seems to me that the FD Motorsports cost with shipping both ways and experience in doing the "hack" with the right size tubing and location on the in and out-flow pipes should be the most bang for the investment. I'd love to reduce the rear weight with another type of system but that's being pretty anal about weight and its location. Install should be a bit quicker I'd think and by removing and shipping my own mufflers, I'm not at the mercy of having to wait for FD to receive cores from other customers before handling my order. My thoughts this morning . . . . Good to get some dirt under my fingernails yesterday; and, sure beats being in the office on a nice Friday afternoon.

Happy Birthday! Welcome to Renntech.

Good work. FD Motorsports is a great operation. You'll be very pleased. May I suggest you have the exhaust ceramic powdercoated "while it's in there"? They offer a few color choices:

post-9898-0-16066600-1348403849_thumb.jp

I bought the PSE mufflers from a dismantler and said to heck with all the superfluous vacuum and electrical stuff...the mufflers default to sport without any of that stuff installed(Why wouldn't you want sport mode all the time?). It was very easy to replace them, took about an hour. Since they are original equiptment, they pass smog in CA with no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my modified mufflers back from FD Motorsports at noon today and just got back from my first drive with them on. Sweet!! Just what I was looking for--a bit throatier at startup, virtually as stock at partial throttle cruise at rpms under 3000, and a nice nasty snarl when I get on it! Workmanship looks top notch with a nice mandrel bend in the bypass pipe and quality welding. Thanks, Darin and FD! A whole lot of value for the dollars and well worth the 3 week downtime.

Edited by pcroyle

• 4 years later...

Hi there- daily driving my 02 C2 with open windows to listen to the flat-six music is sth. I am getting more addicted to...  Wanted to intensify the acoustical feedback a bit, yet get back to normal when needed... So I am looking for  the C4S  PSE.  I tried to find used PSE OEM  mufflers, but which leads nowhere as they seem either N/A due high demand or junk after years of use. After some researching the market in german homeland, my attention got the PSE mufflers from Sommerfeld-Porschetuning (see screen shoot of one of their ebay listings). My question to you would be whether anybody here has experience with this German aftermarket muffler ? Also, the valve seems to be operated by vacuum. Q: Where is the vac taken from (Crank case?) ? If sb. has a link to an acoustical reference of this system vs. factory - this would be great. Thanks.  

1.png