Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Amp Diagram, for 2003 MOST (non bose)

Hi everyone,

I have a 2003 C4S, I bought a Ebay kit, but have a MOST system, but non bose. CAn anyone provide me with some instructions on how to do an amp bypass? I don't nkow where the amp is, and does anyone have a wiring diagram of the amp? How to feed the wires to the amp from the head unit?

thanks,

Ben

Just found the amp... looks like quite a job to fish the wires to the spare tire well.... any easier way to tap into the speaker wires without going to the trunk? I don't plan to replace the amp.

Also I have a Becker Amp Model BE 6600 Part # 996-645-331-01

Do you have that wiring diagram?

• Admin

Just found the amp... looks like quite a job to fish the wires to the spare tire well.... any easier way to tap into the speaker wires without going to the trunk? I don't plan to replace the amp.

Also I have a Becker Amp Model BE 6600 Part # 996-645-331-01

Do you have that wiring diagram?

Please do a search here as a number of people have replaced speakers and amps.

I gave you the correct wiring diagram above.

If you have the big long connector for the speakers on your amp, you can use this connector/cable kit from your head unit to the front tire well, and connect to the harness. Check the wiring from Loren again it when it arrives, its easy to modify if you have to with a soldering iron and some heat shrink. This cable is wired wrong for the Bose amp, so is probably wired right for your amp (but really I am guessing). I have one here and its nicely made.

CDR23-amp-bypass-lead-ISO-PC2-95

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2802wt_1330

Edited by David Clarke

Thanks DAvid, looks very interesting. The plug definitely looks like the one show on the ebay link. But the length of htis cable is only 1M. I don't think it's enough to get it into the spare wheel well from the inside dash. Also is there a DIY on how to feed the wires from inside the dash to the wheel well?

I just went through this same issue. I did end up fishing 8 wires from the head unit, through the rubber seal (upper driver side foot well), behind the battery to the passenger side, then drilled a small hole to get to the amplifier. I hard wired the head unit directly to the speakers with no amp in between and have been happy with the sound quality. I had to wire the front dash and door speakers as "front" and the rear speakers as "rear." I wanted to get the job done and this method worked fine for me. If I were to do it again, I would order a used amp from ebay that is compatible with the harnesses.

Thanks DAvid, looks very interesting. The plug definitely looks like the one show on the ebay link. But the length of htis cable is only 1M. I don't think it's enough to get it into the spare wheel well from the inside dash. Also is there a DIY on how to feed the wires from inside the dash to the wheel well?

The speaker wiring can be relocated up to closer to the battery and the 1m cable is plenty long enough.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I am recently own a beautiful 2003 Porsche C4s and planning to replace with pioneer double din but ran into this same problem as everyone had related to MOST system.

Is there a step by step how To replace this system? your help would greatly appreciated.