Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2006 C4S Cabriolet: Unable to lock, Window Stays Dropped

I recently purchased a 2006 C4S Cabriolet m/t US Model and since my ownership I have been unable to lock the car via the remote and the driver side window does not automatically fully close.  I replaced the latch assembly hoping it would knock out one or both problems but nothing has been resolved.  Fuses look ok to me. Below is further detail and Durametric codes -- is there anything in there that points to likely culprit(s)?

Appreciate your help!

Door will not lock with remote (double beep) or with key.

• I am able to use emergency procedure to lock door (turn key three times)
  • The doors will lock if I hit the locking button inside car.
  • The remote unlocks the car fine.

FIXED: Driver Side Door Control Unit/Motor Driver side window drops the 10mm or so when opening door but does not go back up upon closing door.

• If I am in the car I can manually roll up the last 10mm and it will stay up until I touch the handle again. If the door is open and I roll up all the way it drops the 10mm instantly.
  • Passenger side works as expected.

FIXED: Driver Side Door Control Unit/Motor: Interior lights stay on.

Potentially unrelated issues/info but will mention just in case

• FIXED: Rear Control Unit was set to Boxster, updated to 997 cabConvertible top when closing will cycle through latching and never stops, but does latch but I have to let go of button.
  • Rear right window at times does not close on first try
  • FIXED: Rear Control Unit was set to Boxster, updated to 997 cabSpoiler button does not do anything but spoiler can be activated w/ Durametric
  • AWS module can not be found (I disabled in other modules)
  • Aftermarket radio is installed

Codes on durametric
Left Door (driver side):
FIXED: Driver Side Door Control Unit/Motor:8026: Control unit faulty (does not clear)
8003: Door entry light ( temporarily clears)
FIXED: Driver Side Door Control Unit/Motor:8009: Door H. button, inner sh. stroke (temporarily clears)

FIXED: Rear Control Unit was set to Boxster, updated to 997 cab:C174: Fault convertible top control unit (comfort) (temporarily clears)

Right Door (passenger)

8003 Door entry light ( temporarily clears)

FIXED: Rear Control Unit was set to Boxster, updated to 997 cabC174: Fault convertible top control unit (comfort) (temporarily clears)

Alarm
8004: Terminal 50 (Does not clear)
8005: Terminal S (temporarily clears)

Front Body Module
8021: Front luggage compartment light (does not clear, currently unplugged)

8042: Front luggage compartment unlocking (occasional)

Convertible Top

8041: Right rear window lifter (temporarily clears)

Seat Memory

C102: Single-wire operation "comfort" (does not clear)

Various modules: Airbag, Gateway, Instrument

C141: Communication PCM (display)

Edited by turtleturtle
Updated to show resolved issues.

On my 07S Cab, I had only one of the problems you listed- driver window drops about an inch but doesn’t come back up when door is closed. I had my dealer fix it. They replaced the control unit at considerable cost. They had to take the door panel off  to replace it. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 12:56 PM, CarreraLicious said:

On my 07S Cab, I had only one of the problems you listed- driver window drops about an inch but doesn’t come back up when door is closed. I had my dealer fix it. They replaced the control unit at considerable cost. They had to take the door panel off  to replace it. 

Thanks CarreraLicious 👍-- I replaced my driver's side door control unit/motor with a salvage unit and that fixed the window problem.  It requires taking door panel off and then it is just two plugs and three screws to replace.  Easy to do other than the headache of dealing with the plastic clips in the door.

• 3 years later...