Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

Loren, I have two radios... one in which I am trying to replace (a CR 220 - SN W5007033 Becker 4362) to a CDR 23 Becker 6612 SN 25025993. I was given the CDR23 but don't believe it will work in my 1999 996. Either way. since I have disconnected my old unit and new unit won't work properly.... powers up but fades and repowers up. The new unit will not ask for a code... hence I believe it's not working right.. :) so I am attempting to re-install my old unit but I don't have the code for it... (bought car used with no manuals or codes). Help... :)

Douglas Hrabal-Cox

PCA # 2008070223

• Admin
Loren, I have two radios... one in which I am trying to replace (a CR 220 - SN W5007033 Becker 4362) to a CDR 23 Becker 6612 SN 25025993. I was given the CDR23 but don't believe it will work in my 1999 996. Either way. since I have disconnected my old unit and new unit won't work properly.... powers up but fades and repowers up. The new unit will not ask for a code... hence I believe it's not working right.. :) so I am attempting to re-install my old unit but I don't have the code for it... (bought car used with no manuals or codes). Help... :)

Douglas Hrabal-Cox

PCA # 2008070223

Correct a CDR-23 is MOST (fiber optic) and will only work in MY03 and newer cars.

For the CDR-220 try

or

Hi there! Hoping you can help. I just had my battery changed in my 2001 Boxster tiptronic and THOUGHT that I had the radio code. The previous owner had written it in the maintenance manual, but it didn't work. Can you help? The Serial Number is W5002498. Thank you!!

• Admin
Hi there! Hoping you can help. I just had my battery changed in my 2001 Boxster tiptronic and THOUGHT that I had the radio code. The previous owner had written it in the maintenance manual, but it didn't work. Can you help? The Serial Number is W5002498. Thank you!!

Try 8692

or

Douglas Hrabal-Cox

PCA # 2008070223

Correct a CDR-23 is MOST (fiber optic) and will only work in MY03 and newer cars.

For the CDR-220 try

or

Loren, Thank you. I will re-install the original unit and look for a CD Player that will work with my year 996. As for the CDR23 Mod.6612 SN. 25025993 can you tell me what the code is for that also.

Thanks again.

Douglas Hrabal-Cox

PCA 2008070223

Douglas Hrabal-Cox

PCA # 2008070223

For the CDR-220 try

or

• Admin
Loren, Thank you. I will re-install the original unit and look for a CD Player that will work with my year 996. As for the CDR23 Mod.6612 SN. 25025993 can you tell me what the code is for that also.

Thanks again.

Douglas Hrabal-Cox

PCA 2008070223

Douglas Hrabal-Cox

PCA # 2008070223

For the CDR-220 try

or

CDR-23 is linked to the car with a PST2 or PIWIS tester - it does not have a code.