Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

what do you think of porsche 911 s

hi there all

i have a 911 c4 couple i love it its fantastic!

every car i have owned has been a porsche i love them, however my daft mrs dosnt understand what a porsche 911

is all about. ive told her its all about power, handling, the sexy lines, status symbol and most of all the heritage.

can you guys who know the score back me up and i will show her this thread later .

cheers !!!!! B)

Give up on convincing the Mrs. they are not wired the same as men, just relish in the fact that your Porsche pals understand your affection to the brand better than your wife, that's all.

Porsche Love Story please view this.

D_Man

Edited by Loren
made video viewable here

To a lot of people, a good car has lots of room, is almost silent and gives a silky smooth ride. Basically, it's like you're sitting in your living room. It can be hard to imagine paying a lot of money for a small car that's relatively noisy and has a firm (if not harsh) ride. That's what cheap economy cars do.

It has also become Very clear to me over the years that the experience of the driver & passenger are very different. You enjoy the control, performance and feedback from the car. The passenger has to sit through noise, bounces, changes in speed -- and can be relatively terrified by the way the driver is taking turns, going through traffic, etc.

Consider trying to drive your car like a limousine when she is in it....as smoothly, quietly and as restrained as possible. Also, figure that she will never get the enjoyment out of a spirited drive that you do -- so keep recreational drives short & add food & rest stops along the way.

(Now you know why married men are jealous of the wife - S/O who genuinely enjoys sharing the experience. It's relatively rare.)

Edited by RF5BPilot

hi there all

i have a 911 c4 couple i love it its fantastic!

every car i have owned has been a porsche i love them, however my daft mrs dosnt understand what a porsche 911

is all about. ive told her its all about power, handling, the sexy lines, status symbol and most of all the heritage.

can you guys who know the score back me up and i will show her this thread later .

cheers !!!!! B)

my spouse rides with me on a road trip about once a year. that's plenty for her and for me too..... but once a year is more often than she rode in my 911SC, and that's because now my C4S has cupholders and airbags. I don't use the cupholders, and hope like hell to never use the airbags either. BUT, imho, I'd drop the line "daft mrs.," and just focus on enjoying the car. worked for me... good luck.

Seriously now. You have to grow up and make good choices and not call your wife by "daft." She needs to know why Porsche is the car of your choice and that you love your Porsche almost as much as you love her. However, if you have a hidden agenda, I can see where that might be a problem. Good luck.

Give up on convincing the Mrs. they are not wired the same as men, just relish in the fact that your Porsche pals understand your affection to the brand better than your wife, that's all.

Porsche Love Story please view this.

D_Man

+1 on the response.

To a lot of people, a good car has lots of room, is almost silent and gives a silky smooth ride. Basically, it's like you're sitting in your living room. It can be hard to imagine paying a lot of money for a small car that's relatively noisy and has a firm (if not harsh) ride. That's what cheap economy cars do.

It has also become Very clear to me over the years that the experience of the driver & passenger are very different. You enjoy the control, performance and feedback from the car. The passenger has to sit through noise, bounces, changes in speed -- and can be relatively terrified by the way the driver is taking turns, going through traffic, etc.

Consider trying to drive your car like a limousine when she is in it....as smoothly, quietly and as restrained as possible. Also, figure that she will never get the enjoyment out of a spirited drive that you do -- so keep recreational drives short & add food & rest stops along the way.

(Now you know why married men are jealous of the wife - S/O who genuinely enjoys sharing the experience. It's relatively rare.)

first time my wife got in the passenger seat, she asked "Where's the 'oh ****!' bar?". We'd barely left the driveway. Gotta admit, being a passenger in these cars isn't much fun. But, then again, I'm VERY rarely the passenger :D

They're TERRIBLE cars! claptrap matchboxes, the lot 'of em. And the owners, what self-absorbed midlife-crisis jerks! :D

Oh wait...

Seriously, I love my 911. My wife is very understanding (and loves her Boxster), but I'm 100% sure my car isn't the one she'd buy. Your wife certainly isn't "daft" for being ignorant of the things you see in your C4, just as I'm sure you can be forgiven for complete indifference to one of her favorite hobbies.

I will say that the 911 nets me more negative attention than my Boxster S ever did, it's the one thing I can't stand about the car. I bought my car for the character, the performance, the unique design... it's certainly not for everyone. And it's a shame that others don't enjoy it as much as I do, but they have their choice of alternate transport.

If only I could get the local gendarmerie to appreciate the car as much as I do, maybe they'd pay a little less attention when tallying my traffic offenses. B)

It's a passion for some, a daily driver for others, a phallic extension for a (sad) few. The best way I've found to share my enthusiasm for these wonderful cars is to put them in the driver or passenger's seat and go for a ride.

Mark

I just had a client of mine (a long time BMW owner) get a 2009 PDK C4S. I spoke to him the other day (after driving it for just 2 days) and he couldn't wipe the grin off his face... He kept saying "oh my God.. what a car.." I think that says a lot about why we love these cars.... :D

My wife likes my car a lot (as long as the sport button is off :rolleyes: )

She also enjoys going to PCA dinners and events and even going to the racetrack with me. Porsche people tend to be great people and there are a lot of women involved in the events as well as men.

Maybe you should attend on of the P car rallys with your wife and she might really have a good time. Just make sure she stays warm, has good food and you drive nice..... B)

:cheers:

Edited by phillipj

My wife absolutely LOVES my 2002 6-spd C2 coupe. She needs some surgery on her left foot, so has only driven it once. We drive everywhere in it unless we need the cargo space of one of our SUV's. She has seen from Day One (we have been married 25 years) how important my rides are to me. At first she resisted my buying this car (I've had it 10 months), but then she recalled that her mom refused to let her dad buy his own plane, and it was a real downer for him. He already knew how to fly, and had the bucks.

Having the right wife is THE ticket! It also might help if the car is reasonably comfortable and dependable (no unseemly breakdowns, no loud mufflers, or distortion-riden sound system, good air conditioning).

Might be worth mentioning that my previous fun machine was a motorcycle, which was bought with the anticipation of my wife learning to ride, or at least becoming a passenger on weekend rides. She got cold feet and neither happened. She supported the idea of my riding, but was in silent fear every time I rode. The 911 is our 4-wheel motorcycle, one we both enjoy in town and on the country roads in Texas.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife absolutely LOVES my 2002 6-spd C2 coupe. She needs some surgery on her left foot, so has only driven it once. We drive everywhere in it unless we need the cargo space of one of our SUV's. She has seen from Day One (we have been married 25 years) how important my rides are to me. At first she resisted my buying this car (I've had it 10 months), but then she recalled that her mom refused to let her dad buy his own plane, and it was a real downer for him. He already knew how to fly, and had the bucks.

Having the right wife is THE ticket! It also might help if the car is reasonably comfortable and dependable (no unseemly breakdowns, no loud mufflers, or distortion-riden sound system, good air conditioning).

Might be worth mentioning that my previous fun machine was a motorcycle, which was bought with the anticipation of my wife learning to ride, or at least becoming a passenger on weekend rides. She got cold feet and neither happened. She supported the idea of my riding, but was in silent fear every time I rode. The 911 is our 4-wheel motorcycle, one we both enjoy in town and on the country roads in Texas.

is that it 12 replies --- shame on you all you porsche owners lol

Once you realize that women are wired completely differently and enjoy things entirely different from men, some of questions of life will be answered.Women like jewelry, clothes, shoes, babies (even other people's babies!). Guys like cars period. They also like some other things like watches, sports, outdoor stuff, etc. I can watch Barrett Jackson on TV for hours. My wife has to go to another room and watch HGTV, watchin some "dude" making a wall covering out of someone's junk or some snotty realestate lady showing homes. Go Figure! My wife rides in my C4S Cab like she rides in any other car, no difference. It's just a car to her. She will drive it (has tiptronic) once in awhile when she has to but is afraid of parking the car to avoid dings and also complains that is is too loud. She knows that the car means alot to me and doen't want to be that first person to get a ding or a bump in the paint. I truly think that my wife get a little jealeous of the car because it does mean a lot to me and I keep it in impeccable shape. I think women in general think that the car is taking away your affection for them and some women (nopt mine) take this to the extreme like the car is your mistress. Luckily my wife doen't complain about the car and knows that it really is my hobby, and goes for drives regularily. She is pretty cool about it, one of many reasons we've beeen married for 38years....give and take and let the other person have their space.

Simply remind her that there are plenty of girls who would love to be squired about in a Porsche.

She needs to get on board or be subject to hasty replacement.

well said

My Wife just opened the garage door last night and looked out at the Guards Red 996 and said "That is such a pretty car, I am glad me bought it" ... She also made me buy a 58" Plasma last year. Oh ya...I fought her on that idea :P

my .02

I just sold a wonderful low mileage 2007 530i I picked up in Germany on a ED deal. I got my current 2003 high mileage C4 cab. to replace it (yes, I pocketed a bunch of money).My SO thought me crazy. Now she is on board, the P car is more a life style meeting people making friends talking and fretting about this or that. The 530i was almost too perfect and "white bread". No risks in jumping in the beemer and going to the market.

With the new car I might swap ends in the rain, get in a race with a kid, or just get a nice look from a hot girl. Not much of that going on driving my 530i. Life is short take some risks and enjoy.