Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Best online porsche parts supplier

Depends on what you want to buy. Sunset Porsche parts out of Oregon is almost always one of the best if you want OEM parts.... they operate on a cost + fixed % model.

For some parts like replacing an alternator, for example, it can sometimes make sense to buy a Bosch reman product for ~ $350 instead of ~ $2,000 for an OEM from Porsche. For those there are numerous online vendors like Pelican, AutohausAZ, Vertex, etc....

• Moderators

pelican parts. lowest price albeit not the best website (confusing part #'s at times...)

Sorry, but that is anything but correct, Pelican tends to be high and also pushes aftermarket parts as being factory. Sunset Porsche has the best pricing and service.

• Admin

pelican parts. lowest price albeit not the best website (confusing part #'s at times...)

Just an example but I was recently looking for a backup light switch..

Local Dealership quoted $20.96

Porsche MSRP was $16.82

Pelican was $19.99

Sunset was $12.31

I sure you can guess where I got the switch from...

FINE! :p actually, i thought the mention was "sunCOAST" which is in FLA. they are high also. however for the stuff i've been ordering (rotors, pads, oil filters, 3rd radiator) i didnt find pelican to be that high. but maybe i'll check around for my next roder.

Sorry, but that is anything but correct, Pelican tends to be high and also pushes aftermarket parts as being factory. Sunset Porsche has the best pricing and service.

Sunset it is. However, Suncoast is fun to watch. If they have a trinket in stock it is usually below Porsche MSRP. I got my Speedster black stone guards for $52/ pair. Their web site is great to flip through for fun ideas. Also, when nobody could get my satin black chin spoiler (Porsche only had primed ones left) Suncoast had them in stock for $80 under Porsche MSRP. They will also special order you anything Porsche supplies but then they will knife you for it.

• Moderators

FINE! :P actually, i thought the mention was "sunCOAST" which is in FLA. they are high also. however for the stuff i've been ordering (rotors, pads, oil filters, 3rd radiator) i didnt find pelican to be that high. but maybe i'll check around for my next roder.

Give Sunset a call, the sell at retail on a cost + basis and are very hard to beat either on price or service.

• Moderators

Just an example but I was recently looking for a backup light switch..

Local Dealership quoted $20.96

Porsche MSRP was $16.82

Pelican was $19.99

Sunset was $12.31

I sure you can guess where I got the switch from...

+1 Exactly the point............

+1 on Sunset. Unbeatalbe price and great staffs there, friendly and helpful. Always have good experience buying from them.

They always check the parts you order against your VIN to give you the correct and latest parts. I wish they have online ordering though.

Some other aftermarket parts I would go with Pelican e.g,. alternator regulator

• 1 month later...