Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hello.

So I have posted here on renntech before about Cayenne S operating temps with no final fix for that issue.

I recently had the joy of having a msg when I shut off the car saying "move selector lever to position 'P' "

The indicator lights on the gear shift where it is iluminated the selected mode " P,R,N,D.

The light moved as i cycle trough but alwas there is a light in D even though the lever is in P and there also light in P.

Have anyone experienced this before and knows how to fix this ??

I also pulled up a few codes with durametric today and it would be great if anyone could shed some lights on those for me since im not very mechanic.

Thanks

post-55062-0-84881300-1406497998_thumb.j

post-55062-0-57185700-1406498381_thumb.j

post-55062-0-52009300-1406498391_thumb.j

post-55062-0-11091700-1406498402_thumb.j

post-55062-0-68482700-1406498420_thumb.j

post-55062-0-97364600-1406498437_thumb.j

post-55062-0-54758500-1406498451_thumb.j

post-55062-0-00847800-1406498468_thumb.j

post-55062-0-28194600-1406498477_thumb.j

post-55062-0-92404900-1406498489_thumb.j

Edited by icebird757

A clue as to year and model might help garner an intelligent answer.. but a few guesses:

There have been reports of the magnet that is used to switch the PRND21 display falling off inside the console. It has to be glued back in place. That's likely the cause of your "P" problem.

The other codes all look heat/AC related, and some of them refer to the flapper/doors that direct and mix air behind the dash. The motors on these flappers can fail, and are a moderate PITA to replace.

Since you're not a mechanic (or mechanically inclined,) I'd suggest looking for one.  At least you have some clues as to where the faults are.

As for the Level Control fault. I would first clear the codes and do the full level calibration. Read the instructions carefully and also check Youtube as well as the Durametric site for info before you begin. And heed the warning that if you interrupt the calibration you will need to start over from the beginning. Not too tough of a procedure but I think I messed mine up the first time but now I've done it on my Cayenne and the procedure on my girlfriends Audi A8 is almost identical so I'm getting pretty good at it. (Audi one is actually easier than the Porsche one, at least where you measure from.)

The model is '04 Cayenne S 87K for better idea ;)

The procedure to glue the magnet back..is that a whole lot of a procedure i.e. Removing the entire center console ?

I'd suggest spending some time with search - it was documented and photographed some time ago..