Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Fuel consumption 2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (or Turbo S)

Can anybody tell me the actual fuel consumption of his or her Cayenne Turbo or Turbo S? I suppose there'll be quite a difference between what the book says and real life.

I'm about to change my 2010 Boxster Spyder :( for a bigger car due to a baby on its way and a Cayenne seems very appropriate for this. I just want to know what I can expect when it comes to fuel.

Thanks for the help in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I make a 200 mile return journey most weekends and if I stay off the turbos and cruise at 65 I can get 20 with my 2006 TT. My daily commute of 25 miles each way in heavy traffic gives me 15-16. If I want to have some fun and spool up the turbos it will drop to 13. Not bad when I consider my Dodge Ram Hemi truck only returned 13

PKN

All UK MPG in a 05 Turbo; I would say I average 16mpg to a tank. I generally get 300 miles to each tank before I fill up. The tank is 100 litres but when I fill up I normally have to put in between 80 - 90 litres to fill it full again. The is some motorway driving at 70-80mph but mostly stop start in traffic (I'm in London).

I have seen as little as 250 miles to a tank but also as much as 375 miles. The most I have ever seen when doing a constant 70-80 for about 250 miles is 23.3mpg.

Edited by MaKSiNG

I have an '06 CTT the mileage in town [ i.e. stop and go driving ] is around 12 mpg. Highway has been as high as 19.5 mpg. If I keep my foot out of it I can usually average around 14 mpg in town . Not bad imo considering my '02 Explorer Sporttrac 4X4 6 cyl. gets 14mpg town and 18mpg hwy

• 1 year later...

2006 CTT - Best straight flat hwy 75mph 15.5mpg on a single continuous drive from fuel stop to fuel stop with cruise control most of the way. In town mostly 45mph speed limit streets(Bakersfield has great surface street speed limits!) 10-11mpg. And don't trust the instrument panel mpg calculation, mine always shows 1.5mpg higher than actual calculated consumption.

As a point of reference my 7500lb 2001 Ford F-350 crew cab 4x4 diesel does 13mpg city 16.5mpg all day long and doesn't break down every 2 weeks, like the Cayenne has since I bought it 4 months ago. Granted my Cayenne has 95,000 miles but it's pristine like it just drove off the showroom floor. My research so far indicates that all of the plastic parts Porsche is using in the modern water cooled engine bays just don't hold up with age.

same as above.....15-16ish standard highway with slight in town driving. My daily commute involves in town and traffic driving....i get around 13 if i drive like a grandma. As everyone else has said.....if you compare that to really any other america V8....you will get better mileage and SIGNIFICANT performance over basically everything with a select few SUVs.

With that said, there are plenty of good European and Asian V6 and some V8s that get good or better mileage....V6 TDIs are the first that come to mind.

I guess your decision is do you really want/need the blistering speed and power for the CTT or do you just need more space with good interior comfort.