Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

muffler suggestions?

I have an '04 996 Carrera coupe and my only complaint is that I can't really hear the engine. I am considering muffler replacement, but don't want annoying droning either. Fabspeed is one of the few options I have found. Anyone have first hand experience with these or any other suggestions?

Thanks

I have an '04 996 Carrera coupe and my only complaint is that I can't really hear the engine. I am considering muffler replacement, but don't want annoying droning either. Fabspeed is one of the few options I have found. Anyone have first hand experience with these or any other suggestions?

Thanks

My Cargraphic mufflers are amazing.

No drone, German made, and orgasmic sound.

• Admin

+1 on the Fister PSE - has the sound of the factory PSE for 1/10th the price.

Does this modification affect the highway MPG? My 2002 C2 gets 29 MPG on the freeway (75+/- MPH) and I'd hate to loose that. TIA.

Should not make any difference other than sound.

i have the X51 eisenmann tips on my exhaust system but not sure if my mufflers are eisenmann too, any way of identifying them? for some reason the bracket keeps on breaking almost every 4 months and i have to send the car in for rewelding because of the slight "thud" sound it makes... anyone experienced this problem before?

was thinking that changing the mufflers is the solution...

• 1 month later...

Thanks

I have the Porsche Sport Exhaust w/TechArt SS tips. Really like the ability to push a button and hear the heartbeat, then convert it back to the vacuum cleaner as desired Not a cheap date, but with our rides, what is. 35K miles on the system w/no defects experienced.

I just had the PSE hack done, using the directions from this site and am delighted. Sounds great, no drone and very reasonable cost. Just add a pipe from the cap on the stock muffler to the outlet pipe. I think it bypasses a set of baffles in the muffler. Thank you Renntech.

Another option is to buy a pair of used stock mufflers and have the mods done to them. Then you can do the install when convenient. Afterward you can sell your stock mufflers to someone else who wants to do the mod. That's what I've done, though I'm not finished. I installed one side today and had to stop (long story). Anyway, even with just the one side installed, the car sounds great! Now it sounds like a sports car.

Here's a tip that I wish I would have thought of before proceeding - If you buy mufflers from someone out of town, have them ship them directly to Darin Fister. I had mine shipped to me and then I shipped them to Darin. That's $50 wasted.

• 2 months later...