Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)
aureliusmaxed

Pin 66 on DME is not closing to ground to enable the ACTUATION-START-LOCK relay

Hi we just saw your post on Rennlist.

Have you already gotten a solution for your issue?

If not, please call us directly on one of these numbers: (954)652-1496, (954)652-1497, (954)306-6195

It's true our 800 # does not work when calling from Canada.

George
Specialized ECU Repair

5 hours ago, ECU Doctors said:

Hi we just saw your post on Rennlist.

Have you already gotten a solution for your issue?

If not, please call us directly on one of these numbers: (954)652-1496, (954)652-1497, (954)306-6195

It's true our 800 # does not work when calling from Canada.

George
Specialized ECU Repair

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I have instructed the owner and we are sending the components out to your business for repairs/inspection. Kind regards.

UPDATED: the alarm module had to be coded for european/domestic body style. the DME, key and alarm module were all sent to ECU doctors in Florida. Although they failed to follow my specific written instructions in programming the alarm module the first time, they accepted the return and sent back the package with no charge once it was properly set up. The car started the first time after receiving back the set of components but none of the alarm functions worked, and this was because the repair house didn't code the alarm to euro/Rest of World ROW. After returning the set they corrected this issue for no cost and once it was installed the alarm and engine all worked as normal.

There was a combination of wiring harness issues that had to be repaired along with incorrectly programmed alarm module which was ordered from the local dealer. From what I heard the Porsche dealer here locally does not support foreign market cars and refused to;

a) do the job correctly the first time b) provide follow-up support

All they had to do was take notice of the VIN code showing it's a euro market body style, because on the 996 the lock system is having different wiring and components than the US market made cars. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By loganmarriott
      Hello
      I have a tough question for any advanced Renntech users who have either stripped a 997 back to minimum wiring for racing, or fixed key issues
      Can anyone help with my alarm issues.
      Im building a 997 Track car- using a salvage chassis and the remaining parts from a rolled and written off cabriolet. Im think the key worked to unlock to car before i pulled it apart, but cant be certain as the engine was already out so there were limit functions to activate then.

Since moving the dashboard and whole wiring loom into race chassis, I can unlock the doors (yes, its the correct key, ive moved the doors over too), and the dashboard lights up to tell me the current odometer values. However the whole time from when the battery is connected, the alarm siren is going off (currently a clamp muffles that noise to save the neighbors). I can put the key in the barrel, rotate, and then still remove it (the Barrel lock appears to electrically be live, as it releases the key).

My guess if that the key has lost its coding for the alarm system, but I've tried following these instructions, https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...working-2.html,
      with all combinations of button holding, pushing the hazard light switch, foot on brake, and key in/out barrel .... without any success in recoding the key.
      Its worth noting the windows dont go through the usual drop down upon lifting the door latch sequence, im assuming this is due to the alarm running.

Any suggestions.
      - my options seem to be getting the local agent to reprogram the key
      - are there any other steps i should try to revive the key. I do only have 1 for the wrecked chassis's system

- a final last though is am i missing some switch that needs bridging from the cabriolet circuits to tell if the roof is down/up

Regards
      Logan Marriott

• By Jacko007
      Hoping to purchase this car.. They ran a DME and this shows only 19 Over Revs in Range 1  with none across the other ranges.. there are a "high"? number of misfires?  Is this a concern or perhaps normal and maybe just require plugs / coil packs?  My 1st Porsche.. I hope...

• By Loscano
      I purchased a 1999 Porsche Boxster 986 about a year ago and I'm having a few problems with the electrical accessories.  The top worked fine when I bought it, but now it won't work sometimes. The radio also turns on, then immediately off at startup, and it won' turn back on until a few minutes later either by itself, when I use turn signals, power windows, brake, or even just by itself. After the car is "warmed up", then it will stay on. Other things won't work right or not at all, such as the alarms for, ignition, door open, light switches, etc. The fuses are all fine, and I know the battery had been replaced right before I purchased it. I haven't checked the relay for the top, but I am about to do that now. I feel like there could be a single problem creating all these issues. Any help would be greatly helpful and appreciated! 
    • By tourino
      Hi guys. My car wont crank and i dont know why.
      On the start lock relay there is no permission signal from the ECU. Directly starter will cranks and engine work.
      I have fault code on bracke switch, but brake light work. And driver seat airbag.
      Please help. Sory for my English.
      Thanks, Kirill
    • By Habbs_986
      Hi All

My first post here so please bear with me but pretty desperate for help.  Have 2004 Boxster S and its, in general, running a bit rough (feels fuel rich).  It also will also, on occasion, not go.   Pulling up at a busy intersection and car reduces to Idle.  Then put the foot down and the car stays at idle.   Normally an engine restart gets things going again (although not always and sometimes requires a few goes).  

Bought a computer reader and found error codes
      P0102:  Factory Fault code 115 - Mass air flow sensor - below limit
      P2135: Accelerator Pedal - Signal Implausible
      P0121: Factor Fault code 117 - Throttle value or accelerator pedal potentiometer - signal implausible
      P1266: Factory Fault Code 409 - Fuel shutoff function monitor - signal implausible

Took the car to Porsche.  They suggest a MAF sensor was the root cause and replaced it.   It felt better for a few days then problem returned.  They replaced another MAF sensor.. Same problem.   They then said the MAF reads 0 and have checked the cables so its me DME and it needs replacing (not cheap)

Have taken the car back home and looked at the likely affecting values myself from the computer.

1. MAF. 
      The computer shows to different values for MAF
      Mass air flow (HFM) is always 0 regardless of if the car is working correctly or not and at any accelerator level 
      Mass air flow seems to move within a range of 18 (idle) to 100 (full throttle)

2. Throttle  (since it had error codes on this)
      Pedal encoder potentiometer 1 and 2 always move and the pedal value goes from 0-100% when its working but stays at 0 when its not.  Since the potentiometers always move I am assuming the DME simply can't add things up so sticks the pedal value at 0.

ie.   The MAF sensor reading above confuses the DME and it reduces the throttle to 0.  That feel consistent with the behaviour of the car (its just sticks at idle)   

Any one with any clues?  Certainly don't want to replace the DME unless absolutely necessary....

HELP?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.