Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Unfortunately, I am back with another problem or problems........

A couple of days ago a check engine light popped up on my 997.2s and because it is my daily driver, I was not able to immediately diagnose the issue. I went ahead and ordered a "Carsoft POR II" scanner off amazon as i thought it would help my understanding in what the problem was. (Getting to the point.....)   Today while I was driving home from class, the car was running very rough. I decided to pull over and give the scanner a go...

DME CODES;

P0660 INTAKE PIPE SWITCHOVER FINAL STAGE

P0153 02 SENSOR AHEAD OF CAT BANK 2 DYNAMISM 

P2099 A/F  RATIO CORRECT. BEH. CAT. BANK 2 ABOVE RICH CONTROL UNIT

P2198 02 SENSOR AHEAD OF CAT. BANK 2 TOO RICH SIGNAL

P0174 BANK 2 TOO LEAN

P0171 SYSTEM TOO LEAN

P2196 02 SENSOR SIGNAL BIASED/ STUCK BANK 1 SENSOR 1

Being the person I am, I went ahead and cleared the codes dreaming my problems would magically go away. ?

About 10 minutes into my commute the codes again popped up but this time, there was something a bit different.......

THE NEW CODES INCLUDED;

P0174 SYSTEM TOO LEAN BANK 2

P0171 SYSTEM TOO LEAN BANK 1

P0306 MISFIRE CYLINDER 6

P0305 MISFIRE CYLINDER 5 

P0304 MISFIRE CYLINDER 4

P0300 MISFIRE - TOTAL ERROR

P0660 INTAKE PIPE SWITCHOVER FINAL STAGE

About 2 months ago I installed a new O2 sensor bank 1 sensor. While at it, I had a new AOS installed as well (OEM parts). There are some theories I have in mind but as for now, I am truly stumped on this issue. Does anyone have any experience with this madness?! Thanks for reading! ?

This morning I started my car again and a puff of white smoke shot out of the tail pipes. The smoke did clear up really quick. 

MORE NEW CODES;

P2A04 O2 SENSOR CIRCUT RANGE/ PERFORMANCE BANK 2 SENSOR 2

P2099 POST CATALYST FUEL TRIM SYSTEM TOO RICH BANK 2

P0153 O2 SENSOR CIRCUIT SLOW RESPONSE BANK 2 SENSOR 1

P2198 O2 SENSOR SIGNAL BIASED/ STUCK RICH BANK 2 SENSOR 1

P0171 SYSTEM TOO LEAN BANK 1

Edited by Danny Hammoud
MISSING INFORMATION
  • Like 1