Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I checked my '09 Cabs's drains at the end of summer and they appeared to drain fine down behind the wheels with good flow. However, now the rain is here, I'm getting water in the driver's side rear footwell (below the carpet) causing the alarm/electrics to go off. I've moped up the water and I checked the drains again between the rains but they still seem to drain well. I've checked the slot style drains from around the end of the top as well as the main drain towards the center of the car in a drainage dip. 

Does anyone have any idea on where the water may be coming in from or perhaps other drains I've missed?

Edited by dammad

• 4 months later...

A quick addition to this thread. I noticed today that the 997.2 has two drains (per side) for the cabriolet roof. One dumps out at the front of the rear wheel, but the 2nd dumps out at the rear of the rear wheel. It exits at the point where the rear part of the rear wheel well cover finishes at the top. Make sure you give that one a clear too. I found I could reach it in the gap at the end of the wheel well cover. Pouring in some water around the top and then squeezing the outlet cleaned it out nicely.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On March 26, 2017 at 9:18 PM, dammad said:

A quick addition to this thread. I noticed today that the 997.2 has two drains (per side) for the cabriolet roof. One dumps out at the front of the rear wheel, but the 2nd dumps out at the rear of the rear wheel. It exits at the point where the rear part of the rear wheel well cover finishes at the top. Make sure you give that one a clear too. I found I could reach it in the gap at the end of the wheel well cover. Pouring in some water around the top and then squeezing the outlet cleaned it out nicely.

Can you clarify on the 2nd drain? How can I clear it out?

• Admin

Water drainage diagram

997-2 water drainage.png

The water drains -1-and -2- can be found on both sides of the vehicle (only vehicles with sliding roof).

1 - Water drain: rear of sliding roof
2 - Water drain: front of sliding roof
3 - Water drain: tank tray
4 - Water drain: plenum panel 5 - Water drain: plenum panel (vehicles without luggage compartment ventilation)

Alan111,

Let me take a picture of my car and illustrate the drains this morning. Essentially there are 4 'outlets' from the top area each with a different drain. To clean out, remove any reachable debris from the area the top folds into, then flush with water and then work the outlets in the wheel well to remove 'crud' as well as work the rubber.

Loren: Do you have a diagram on the cabriolet drains on the 997.2, that pic is for the sunroof version.

Dammad.

Loren: Interesting. Didn't realize there wasn't a separate cab drain diagram.

Based on my memory and pictures, this is how the drains are on my 997.2.

- Picture #1 shows where the drains appear to go. Drain 2 has a capture tank that often seems to cause the overflows into the rear carpets

- Picture #2 shows them imposed on my car.

- Picture #3 shows the drain that goes to Drain #1

- Picture #4 shows the drain area that goes to Drain #2.

Clean both areas (Drain #1 and #2) as well as both outlets in the wheel well. Of course, it is the same on both sides. 

Hope this helps prevent a few floods for fellow cab owners. 

Dammad.

porsche-drains.png

porsche-drains2.png

porsche-drains3.jpg

porsche-drains4.jpg

• 1 year later...

Clogs drains in the front of my 997.2 caused water to enter on the passenger side and damaged the amp under the front seat.

That was 2 years ago. Thanks for the reminder to check those things asap.

Edited by NJshoreC2S.2